Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a winch on my '14 X and am wondering if the stock battery will be fine for a Superwinch Terra 35? I've had winches on my quads in the past and have never had battery trouble on the tiny single stock batteries. I understand the reason for having the second battery, but where I live and ride its light out until way late at night and I don't run any light bars or other accessories. I'm installing the winch on a receiver hitch mount and don't really see the need for the second battery unless the stock one actually can't take it. The winch will mostly be used for utility stuff like dragging logs off the trail, hoisting a moose up a tree over a pulley, dragging things onto my trailer etc. I don't ride in deep mud and have no intention of needing to pull myself out of a huge hole (but nice to be able to if I do get stuck) If the stock battery dies I will install the Odyssey that everyone else is running. Any input on this? Guys running winches on the stock battery?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfect, that's what I wanted to hear. I doubt I'll ever get close to the winch's full capacity anyways. If the stock battery doesn't hold up well I'll just replace it with a better one next spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts