Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know more about the Spike Load Dampener. I know AC uses it on other vehicles. Is it a clutch, or a spring loaded gear, or what. There is a lot of talk on internets about defeating it by welding or bolting it. Has anyone had a rig with the SLD?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Imagine a mini sized version of the clutches in your quadzilla if you have ever seen those b4. They r about 2 inches in diameter and encased in a metal housing. They are very easy to modify to keep them from slipping

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope it holds up to the power and weight of the WildCat. I like the idea of a weak link to protect the expensive parts. Lots of threads on ArcticChat about them slipping under acceleration.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope it holds up to the power and weight of the WildCat. I like the idea of a weak link to protect the expensive parts. Lots of threads on ArcticChat about them slipping under acceleration.
agree! that would be the main purpose of that Spike Load Dampener, somewhat to protect those shining parts that is somewhat expensive.

regards,

james

·
Registered
32 Posts
We always cut grooves on ours and weld them up. They arent worth a flip imhop. The eventually wear out and start slipping and are very exspensive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't like what I've read about the SLD. Lots of comments similar to BuLLg0d. Guess time will tell.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have a 08 Thundercat and had trouble with the first one. Warrantee gave me a new one and it's been 4900 mile and no slip that I can tell.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've seen them in action and it can be a pain in the ass when you need the power in a tough spot and it wont give it to ya.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts