Wildcat Forum banner

Does the wildcat have grease & zerk fittings???

12K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  WAR-EAGLE 
#1 ·
I can't find anything that says that the WC has any grease fittings. I did read where they suspension uses maintenance free bushings -BS!

I'm 62 years old and I've been riding Dirt Bikes when there wasn't any Dirt Bikes and I bought my first Banshee in 1987 and I had 8 other ATV's and Sand Rails. If your worth your salt, you know that Grease fittings can SAVE you a lot of headaches in the Long run.
If you don't have any grease fittings your going to have problems if you cross any water or have to go into any mud or just clean your machine with a low pressure water hose.

POLARIS and most of the other manufacturers learned from so many warranty claims that Grease fittings were a good idea especially where some people like to play Submarine and go Mud Snorkling with their SxS's and ATV's. I usually will take a Brand New machine and take it apart and add the Grease fittings before I get it all dirty and mucked-up.

What has been Arctic Cats past history with putting grease fittings on their ATV's and Snowmobiles?

Thanks,
War Eagle
:cool:

See less See more
#2 ·
I forgot to tell you something....... once your Plastic suspension or steering Bushings go south and you need to replace them........go price a set of DELRON bushings and once you wake-up from the SHOCK..... you'll see why I suggest to install Grease fittings if the AC Wildcat doesn't come with any!

War Eagle

#3 ·
Looking at the pictures of the suspension that I have seen there aren't any grease zerks. Which I'll agree is total BS because for a machine that will see dirt/water/mud/snow/sand/ and god nows what else they need zerks.
So like you I see me taking it apart and spending a few hours with a drill press.

#5 ·
War-Eagle, I am with you, but bear in mind that the vast, vast majority of owners can't even be bothered to check the oil or clean the air filter. Having been in the equipment business, where equipment is chock-full of lube points, I can tell you most never get touched. We'd regularly get tractors in with the king pin bushing in pieces, or the spindle so seized to the king pin that they could not be steered. A lubed for life, translation:lubed 'til it wears out, joint that gets ignored has a good chance of outliving a joint designed for lube, but never gets it. Again, I am not disagreeing with you. They just have to figure in the LCD during design.

#9 ·
While I would like to see grease zert's on the WC, I have to state that I just replaced all of the A arm bushings on my Prowler, having almost 7,000 miles on the machine. It has been in just about every type of condition that one can put these machines in.....from 3 miles of 2' deep water in the big lake they call "Kitchi-Gummi", wet sand on the beach and then riding with our club at Windrock, Brimstone, through mud, dust, water. No so sure that being able to grease these areas would give much in the way of wear, but I would like it for the simple fact of getting the water out.

Just my 2 cents.

#10 ·
I can't find anything that says that the WC has any grease fittings. I did read where they suspension uses maintenance free bushings -BS!

I'm 62 years old and I've been riding Dirt Bikes when there wasn't any Dirt Bikes and I bought my first Banshee in 1987 and I had 8 other ATV's and Sand Rails. If your worth your salt, you know that Grease fittings can SAVE you a lot of headaches in the Long run.

If you don't have any grease fittings your going to have problems if you cross any water or have to go into any mud or just clean your machine with a low pressure water hose.

POLARIS and most of the other manufacturers learned from so many warranty claims that Grease fittings were a good idea especially where some people like to play Submarine and go Mud Snorkling with their SxS's and ATV's. I usually will take a Brand New machine and take it apart and add the Grease fittings before I get it all dirty and mucked-up.

What has been Arctic Cats past history with putting grease fittings on their ATV's and Snowmobiles?

Thanks,
War Eagle
:cool:
No It Does Not

#12 ·
Okay, I went and saw the Wildcat this weekend at the BPS in Charlotte, NC. The machine looks great and I met the CEO and numerous sales Managers and I had about an hour chat with them regarding certain issues that I was concerned about and here is what I found:

No Zerk fittings anywhere, as they feel that they are NOT needed. I disagree and like others I will be installing them to prevent pivot points from getting water inside and rusting from the inside out! Every time I've gone through water and I return home we clean our machines with a water hose & soap (Not a High Power pressure washer) and I always see a little bit of water that is forced out on some of the pivot points that I added Zerk fittings to. I feel this is worth the time and effort when your dealing with a $17,000 MACHINE!

I has an Oil Cooler up front, -6 lines the size is about 4" by 10" to 12"

The radiator is mounted in the rear above the engine with (2) nice electric fans and a Aluminmum Radiator.

Overall workmanship looked GREAT!

The first units will arrive sometime in February 2012,

I will definetly remove the Plastic skid plates and add something from Bike Armour or from PRAM in oregon that is 3/16 thick. That 1/8" crap Alum. factory stuff is like tin foil!

It definetly needs A-Arm Protection and rear suspension protection if you going to ride anywhere else other than the SAND DUNES!

It has dual 50mm Throttle Bodies

It's a Closed loop EFI system

Runs on 87 octane fuel Bummer I thought it might need 91-93 octane. Remember that the first 1000's had HEAD GASKET issues and running the lower compression will solve that issue.

WARRANTY is only 6 months. I sell extended Warranties if anyone is interested through the same Company that Arctic Cat uses?

I can see a HUGE After Market following for this Machine and I'm sure it will go from Mild to Wild in the next 12 months!

Interior room: I'm 6'2" and 285 Lbs and I fit in it okay.....not as roomy as I'd like but when I give birth to these Twins I've been carrying around for the last 5 years, I'll fit in it with plenty of room! I feel like the
"PILLSBURY DOUGH BOY, with a Bad Attitude"!

Currently they've manufactured 40 units and are still doing testing and fine tuning everything before they go into full production.

The front Dif is a Real LOCKER and when you hit the select switch all 4 wheels are LOCKED and you will go where ever you want to GO!

The BEST thing is that it is
MADE IN AMERICA! No foriegn motors or parts, no chinese, Japanese, or stuff made I Tiawan! That by itself wants me to spend my MONEY $$$$ on this Side by Side over the rest of the imported stuff!

That's all I can remember right now!

War Eagle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.