Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing 3 coils, 3 Spark plugs, fuel pressure regulator(inside gas tank) replacing MAP and cleaning O2 sensor and throttle body and EVAP purge valve and cleaning EVAP lines and even opening charcoal canister(Oh I recommend you never open that thing).馃槄Anyway the Problem was the "Crank shaft pick up coil" very high resistance replaced with another Yamaha japan used one soldered it in with heat-shrink covers and drove 150+miles before calling it fixed!!!!For most of you maybe just buying a new complete stator will be needed because its part of an assembly .Also no really special tools needed just remember the bolt holding drive pulley for the Alternator stays on cover it gets only loosened but you DO NOT remove it!! It "Comes out with the Cover" all together as one.馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing more useful than a "solved" thread.
So many people never post again once the problem is fixed. I have read thru dozens of threads (Jeep) and no one ever posted the fix.
Sorry I was out riding a lot (300+miles now) since this problem was making my machine loose power de-fueling and I had to pull over like 7 times coming home. My XX is a street legal machine and cruising around 35-45 is when it would happen. So issue was the pick-up coil.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many miles have you put on your machine since you replaced the pickup coil?
Have you had it happen since replacing the pickup coil?
I do need to follow up YES after 7 months and over 5,000 mile's on my Wildcat XX it got crazy with a vibration(New) and Defueling Code again... I ended up replacing the primary clutch first and then finally replaced the "PTO output shaft" from Speedwerx that shaft Corrected problem100% you can find it on another thread here!!! 馃槄

1 - 8 of 8 Posts