Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first or original pads lasted 1000 miles give or take 10 miles!Where I drive can best be described as mountainous with mud and rocks everywhere, and because of this brake pads are easily worn out no matter what your ride, 2 or four wheels. So at 1000 miles I put solid rotors on the front and moved the drilled rotors to the rear with WC 4 caliper brackets, the pads I used were EBC severe duty which have always provided the best balance between durability and braking power IMO! 1000 miles later the front EBC pads are hardly worn, at least another 2000 miles left, the rear however are all but gone. The odd thing though is that the rear disc is now the same size as the front and offers more leverage for the caliper to stop the wheel. Theoretically the front offers more braking power and should wear accordingly, however it would appear that the lack of holes in the front rotor is eliminating the trapped mud and dirt and dramatically reducing brake wear! The EBC's in the rear will last 20% longer than the Cat pads but the wear on them with drilled rotors is significant in comparison to the non drilled rotors and leaves me to conclude that solid rotors are required for the rear to give the ultimate in brake durability! This of course is for those riding in mud frequently:feedback:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Am i the only person here that has worn out several sets of pads!

·
Registered
325 Posts
3 sets in 500 miles here. Sandy soil that is muddy destroys brakes quick! Agree that the drilled rotors make the problem worse.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dug this up from the archives! 2 sets of pads in 500 miles. Going to try the solid rotor on the front f7 and see if that helps....something has got to give!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Solid rotors will increase your pad life. The drilled and slotted will help shed heat if you are running fast and braking really hard like road racing.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2000 miles on new 4X ltd and brakes are half worn, can't figure it out!

·
Administrator
27,562 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I went though my first set in above 800 miles. I have 1400 on the second set. Started running in low more and letting the engine do the braking.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Anyone run Evolution Powersport wave rotors or their Bear claw pads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts