Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned the 2020 Trail for 1 week and already put 100 miles on it. I love it and its very inviting as I have trails accessible from my backyard. My wife also got hooked on it... but at this rate we will put 5,000mi/year on it.

Based on other posters we are trending way above the norm. I plan to keep up regular service, but what is the life expectancyunder these circumstances?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Keep up on the maintenance and they should last a while. We put 1k on our machines the first year. We haven't done that much since, but we still enjoy the sport. I imagine you'll probably be the same way where other things will come along that don't necessarily replace this sport, but start to occupy your time more. It's just life. Especially if you live where it snows/ gets cold.

Make sure your fluids are good and keep the air filter clean. I have extra foam prefilters I cut so it's easy to have them preoiled and I just swap them out. Then clean a batch all at once and pre-oil. Doing this keeps me from having to clean the main filter very often (about once a year). Be sure to use a good foam air filter oil that stays tacky and in place.

At 100 miles, you're due for your first service :)

Reactions: izom

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
why not- do it- just posted in other section- and also with our trail we did 7000kms in 2 years- why not- its the same motors like in motorcycles- use good oil- change it regulary- take care of belt and go...

here in europe u find a lot of atv/utvs with more then 20.000kms ;-)

...most are streetlegal - so we do lot of mixed ridin....

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
must be nice to have your own chauffeur pete...nice video...did you trailer to Italy or ride there?...if so, how far from your place?...

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
If you keep riding that much, and if you ride in dust much of the time, you should consider an S&B particle separator. You won't need to service the air cleaner nearly as often.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
must be nice to have your own chauffeur pete...nice video...did you trailer to Italy or ride there?...if so, how far from your place?...
...;-)- we drove down 2 times with trailer and 2 times ride there- in 2016 we did an amazing trip over slovenia and back 2 weeks about 2000kms...;-)

northern part of italy is about the same- 6 to 10 days around 2000kms...(back and forth)

we drive them like our motorcycles...

·
Premium Member
7,562 Posts
about 1243 miles over here...never did learn any metrics...good distance of a drive over 6 to 10 days through beautiful country...looks like fun...

Reactions: boonedog

·
Registered
31 Posts
Our group routinely puts 70-80 miles a week on our machines during the summer months. Like everyone has said, usually machines are only as good as their maintenance. Keep up with recommended fluid changes, replace parts as they break instead of waiting and enjoy!

·
Registered
719 Posts
many of our rentals have gone past 10K. Use good oil and change it every 20 hours or so. Clean the air filter very often and make sure that the intake is fully sealed. Machined Integrations makes a good wheel bearing greaser. Use it twice a year and you are good. Pivot points will wear and you will need to replace the plastic (Bushings) and pivot bolts every 2500mi. (Do not wait until things are really loose!! Make sure your wheels are stock offset or deal with excessive wear and breakage of steering boxes and other hard parts. Brake pads typically need to be replaced around 2-2.5k replace the pins they slide on at the same time for better action, Some small groves are ok in the disk but deep groves or a raised edge on the extreme outside edge is a need for a new disc. Change brake fluid yearly. Get a cable luber from a motorcycle supply place and spray silicone through the shifter cable. DO NOT USE WD-40!! Replace your springs ASAP. Don't save money here go to Shock Therapy and be sure to really fill out the forms completely. The change will be significant! If you have a few extra $$ go for the RIS when you can for 100% improved ride and you won't have to reset the ride height every time you ride.Clean the clutches every 3-500mi. by blowing them out with compressed air. Enjoy your new toy for years to come!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts