Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Im new to the sxs community but come from a long history of riding on the dunes. I bought a 2015 Wildcat X last month and need some advice on how to modify my drivers seat. I am 6'2" and while i fit ok in the drivers seat, I would like to fit even better. I noticed that the drivers seat sits almost 4" off of the bottom and there is a 2" gap behind the seat. My question to you all is this, does anyone (company) make a lowering kit? Can I buy something to move the seat back 2" as well? Pros / Cons. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jacob

·
Registered
920 Posts
Do a search on here. I know have lowered the seat and when you do it moves the seat back a little as well. I'm 6' and feel comfy, so I haven't looked into this mod.

·
Administrator
27,673 Posts
Welcome Jacob77or. Congrats on the X. If you have the money, get a set of good aftermarket suspension seats. You will definitely sit a lot lower, and feel better at the same time, LOL! Don't forget about harnesses and a harness bar too.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome! And I'm also 6'2" and PRP makes a seat with slider adjustment that make mine way comfortable ! I bought mine from D&P performance a vendor on here and Dean knows a lot about Wildcats, the picture shows how low I set in my 2012

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got new seats, used the old frame, cut it where it arches up in back with an angle grinder, bolted new seats all the way back to old frame so the OEM fittings still work.

Much better, I am 6'3" and fat. My knees don't hit the latch anymore. Someone has pictures here if you search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys for all the wisdom and support. I'll look into the PRP seats idea. OEM seats make my butt hurt after a few gnarly jumps anyhow. Someone should of told me how much money one can spend on a dang sxs aftermarket upgrades. Guess its time to let the wife get her hair, nails, and toes done so I can buy more sxs parts lol.

thanks again,

jacob

Pic of the wife day we bought it.
20150707_201211_resized.jpg

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have a 13 1000 (not an x) and i was able to move my seat forward 1" - 3" (i went with 1") on the base just by drilling the 4 new holes and reinstalling the factory bolts. i believe you can also move the seat back a little on the base as well, maybe just get an inch or so if anything. seems to be fine if you dont want to spend the money on new seats

1 - 11 of 11 Posts