Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My driver's side front tire on my 2018 wildcat xx is pitched out to a 4.6 or more negative camber. I can move the toe in and out about an inch or so which I have diagnosed as the tire rod joint. I order new of those but can not figure out why the tire is cambered out so far. It is very noticeable. There is no play vertical in the tire and everything besides the tie rod is snug. The shock therapy suspension looks like both sides are at the right measurement. Anyone have an idea what could be causing the tire to tilt 4.6 degrees or more?

·
Registered
2016 wildcat sport, hard roof, front and rear light bars, whips, winch, modified exhaust, pcv, intak
65 Posts
Are the arms bent? Where you in a bind or hit hard when you noticed it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing bent that I can tell. I haven't really done anything aggressive with it at all. I have owned it for about 3 or 4 months and just noticed. I want to say it was not like that when I got it.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
If nothing is loose, it can only be a bent arm.

Have you checked for loose bushings, uniball joints (the joint that functions like a balljoint) or loose wheel bearings with the suspension unloaded? Sometimes the weight on that corner of the machine can be enough to mask a worn-out component when just tugging on it.

Also, watch the through-bolt at the inner end of the control arms. The threaded end will vibrate and enlarge the hole in the mounting tab, allowing the control arm to move around.

·
Registered
2016 wildcat sport, hard roof, front and rear light bars, whips, winch, modified exhaust, pcv, intak
65 Posts
If you have measured shocks on both sides and there is no play wheel when its jacked up i would say bent arm. Usually you would know if you did it as you would hit or bind it hard, probably was that way when you purchased and may not have noticed. I have had this happen on a maverick 1000 and only noticed when i was looking at it from a distance. Its hard to see when you look at the side or are up close to the machine. Like mbrandt said double check all bolt points and ball joints, wheel bearing, and if they are good tear apart or measure other side and compare.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll check the ball joint and bushings. Arms look right but perhaps my untrained eye is missing something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts