Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After what I have been reading this morning it sounds like we really need the dual throttle body and of course a wcd. Has anybody heard any more info on this????

·
Registered
986 Posts
After what I have been reading this morning it sounds like we really need the dual throttle body and of course a wcd. Has anybody heard any more info on this????
Read further, it doesn't need dtbs, it needs some clutch work, find airdams rant on the back shifting. Also check out the threads about the Dyno. The cat Dyno'd at 62.5 on a Dyno that a had an xp at 64. It's not lack of hp, it's clutching.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Arctic cat needs to recall all machines and have airdamn clutch installed, they dropped the ball, I don't like owning a machine this bad ass and have to explaine such a easy but expensive fix that should have been done from the factory, why risk the negative publicity, if it had done this first their would be nothing to talk about here. Should be excited to own not defending our choices!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Red you may be right but untill adam get a few clutches out there we will not know for sure. Its hard to sit back and wait. Hurry up!

·
Vendor
1,629 Posts
Read further, it doesn't need dtbs, it needs some clutch work, find airdams rant on the back shifting. Also check out the threads about the Dyno. The cat Dyno'd at 62.5 on a Dyno that a had an xp at 64. It's not lack of hp, it's clutching.
Hmm all the info your quoting is coming from one guy and that one guy has the only fix lol

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hmm all the info your quoting is coming from one guy and that one guy has the only fix lol
One guy with an impeccable reputation for great clutch work, and I have driven a wc with his wcd, so I can speak from personal experience, not to mention my friend was there while he did it and tested it.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Considering that the wildcat isn't for sale yet, I'm not surprised that only one guy has figured it out, so far. As soon as more of these Wildcats get into the hands of clutch tuners, I'm sure we'll see a whole slew of wet clutch delete kits and modified clutch systems out there.

I'm just kind of watching all of the gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands that's going on over the web. None of us mere mortals have gotten our mitts on one yet, and guys are talking about getting their deposits back, a recall from AC (LOL, you have to sell some units first in order to recall anything) or how this thing was designed for this or that. Relax.

I've been watching this whole UTV thing since the first Rhino hit Glamis. I've got a long travel golf cart that will do 40 on the flats and 25 -30 through the whoops. My Rottweiler and I have been driving this thing (affectionately called Rhino killer) all over, and embarrassing every stock Rhino out there through the whoops, and even some Rhinos with $10-15K of bling into them.

I've been exercising patience for years. I've been waiting for the Wildcat.

What do I like?
Rhino? Not even close.
Rzr? Nope.
Teryx? Nope.
Rzr S? Getting warmer.
Can am? Nope, but not too shabby.
Rzr XP? Now we're talking, if only it had a real frame and a little more suspension.
Wildcat? Bingo! Real tube frame (HSLA steel, no less!), just enough suspension travel without excessive body roll, nice styling, low center of gravity and an engine with tons of potential. Is it perfect? No, but nobody is.

You should see Pam Anderson without makeup. Blecch! But hey, slap a little makeup on her, and suddenly she's pretty doable. There aren't too many guys who'd say "no" to that, just a few limp wristed interior decorators/hair stylists, and guys who are too afraid of their wives.*

*No offense to any interior decorators/hair stylists who are attracted to the correct gender, or any guys who are very happily married. Best wishes for your many many years of continued marital bliss. For the rest of us, Pam Anderson looks like a good target!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I was 100 percent with you until the Pam comment, you were doing so good:(

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I was 100 percent with you until the Pam comment, you were doing so good:(
You don't like her? Or you don't think she needs makeup?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree with you 100% socaldmax

·
Registered
508 Posts
You know that holes blown out especially after Tommy been hitting it for years, you would need a shim just to keep it tight in there.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The Can Am uses a single throttle body doesn't it? It seems to have plenty of power from what I read. Never been in one so just asking?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts