Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen, I'm not going to tell you how this thing is a super car on steroids. It's not. It is, however fast and torquey enought to match a stock XP and ALMOST as fast as a mildly modified one. After tearing mine up all weekend and pacing it against some RZR XP's - most modified, some not, I am not at all feeling at a disadvantage. In fact, I will go as far to say that with the proper wheel/tire setup, this thing is a marked advantage. I say this because after riding around a couple days in the dunes at Pismo Beach, I was apporached by some XP squids that asked me to race up a dune or two and then damn near begged me to run out to the drag area. First, I will say that we tied up the 100 yard dune...that was until he let off at the top so he didn't fly off the top. I did no such thing. I launched the bitch. In the process, I made it to the top ahead of him...and proceeded to continue sky-bound for about another 60 feet or so. Perfect landing. That was not good enough for him so we headed over to the drags where, on the way I ran full throttle. We went over several whooped out sections and I never let off. 2wd at 55mph. When I finally got there, I looked back to find two XP's blitzing like mad to try to keep up - that was until they got to the whoops and one RZR ended up in a nasty swap that led to a sweet high-side. Bummer. About $1000 worth of damage. Later in the day I actually did get to go against a couple XP's and both led at 1 to 1/2 car lengths at the end of 200 yards. We were even the first 50 yards, but they began to walk away. Good for them. They were elated that they had 'made the right choice'. I was elated that I don't drag race up gay ass sand drags all day. I spent the rest of the weekend jumping huge ass sand dunes that RZR's just watched in awe. That's no lie. I was the only Wildcat in the dunes and there was no shortage of stopper-by's that wanted to gawk and comment on how 'crazy' the jumps were that they saw this thing take.

Key is in the tires. My rig is stock and all but one XP was modified with at least exhaust that I could see. My cat never embarassed me. Quite the opposite. I have Douglas spun 12" wheels with the skats and this tire/wheel combo is several pounds lighter than the stock setup and about 30 lbs (per wheel) lighter than my Uber Rockers & ITP beadlockers. When running the stockers I did think there may have been a slight clutching disadvantage... that was until I put on the light paddles. Done deal. Excellent setup for what I do. EXCELLENT.

Did I say the key is in the tires? Spend the extra coin & avoid the molded heavies.

·
Registered
253 Posts
give us part numbers for wheels and tires and pictures front and back...and lets see some jumping pictures

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good news to hear RPM, a positive dune trip report. I had a similar high desert/mountain trails experience with two XP's, could run right there with them all weekend long.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh shit... I forgot to mention that my rig did 72 on a non-extended asphalt setting. Probably could have managed about another 2 mph if the run was a little longer. On the sand, I did 61 on a slight uphill, then eventually transitioning to flat sand straight and, that was with my daughter in the passenger seat. Total passenger weight of about 300lbs. Oddly enough, I could only manage 59 by myself earlier in the day, but that was before the cat was broken in (5hrs maybe).

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, WC cheerleader what size, paddle and offset tires are you runnimg?
I debated whether I even entertain a response to such an idiotic post given my prosecution of the QC of this machine, but for the benefit of the group...I am running the 26x12.5x12 paddle extremes.

Now go crawl back in your shithole.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
give us part numbers for wheels and tires and pictures front and back...and lets see some jumping pictures
This was the onlything I got on camera as my wife sat on her ass reading People magazine (where it was safe). It was before I loaded it up so I was not wearing my helmet - hence the mild mannerism.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh shit... I forgot to mention that my rig did 72 on a non-extended asphalt setting. Probably could have managed about another 2 mph if the run was a little longer. On the sand, I did 61 on a slight uphill, then eventually transitioning to flat sand straight and, that was with my daughter in the passenger seat. Total passenger weight of about 300lbs. Oddly enough, I could only manage 59 by myself earlier in the day, but that was before the cat was broken in (5hrs maybe).
I can hit 70 through the woops in my stock XP. I am thinking most of these XP's you guys are talking about spanking aren't reaching their potential due to the drivers. Good to hear the cat isn't a flop since it would just mean less competition and ultimately less advancements for us the customers. Nice jump. :cool: Flame on!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Cat looks so plush when it lands.:fing02:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I debated whether I even entertain a response to such an idiotic post given my prosecution of the QC of this machine, but for the benefit of the group...I am running the 26x12.5x12 paddle extremes.

Now go crawl back in your shithole.
great news!!! sorry for the questions but the paddle extremes are skat-trak brand? and where did you get them? how about the wheels??? what brand? and roughly$$$$???
thanks for the report

·
Registered
945 Posts
Woops.....RPM....excellent post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
All this bull shit between the XP and the WC will never end.....so freakin stupid. Makes me glad that the people I ride with don't give a damn what you ride so long as you can all ride and have an enjoyable time...bottom line.
Exactly, I had the same conversation with some random folks at Shiloh. One guy was in a RZR-4, some were on various models of 4-wheeler,and I was in the Cat. We were all talking about the various aspects of different machines and someone asked what was better. The RZR guy said "Its so funny how people go on about what is better than what. I say enjoy what you have, they are all fun." I told him I agree and was thinking in the back of my mind how the forums are so tit for tat over "mine is better than yours" like a buncha school kids.

We all rode around for a bit and they invited me over to their camp, what you were riding makes no difference. Some people never grow up and remain in high school cliques their entire lives.

:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Key is in the tires. My rig is stock and all but one XP was modified with at least exhaust that I could see. My cat never embarassed me. Quite the opposite. I have Douglas spun 12" wheels with the skats and this tire/wheel combo is several pounds lighter than the stock setup and about 30 lbs (per wheel) lighter than my Uber Rockers & ITP beadlockers. When running the stockers I did think there may have been a slight clutching disadvantage... that was until I put on the light paddles. Done deal. Excellent setup for what I do. EXCELLENT.

Did I say the key is in the tires? Spend the extra coin & avoid the molded heavies.
Am I missing something? I didn't think 12" wheels worked on the Cat. Is there any special offset to make them work?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts