Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Who puts their flag in the front?? And there is no way that thing wheelies even with a turbo! I just drove and an XP all weekend in the dunes. Lots of power, but not that much power................

·
Registered
986 Posts
Who puts their flag in the front?? And there is no way that thing wheelies even with a turbo! I just drove and an XP all weekend in the dunes. Lots of power, but not that much power................
I'm with ya Dent, I have many hours driving an XP, and never has it felt like it might wheelie, but I have seen it, and this picture is clear proof it's possible. The day I saw them doing it, they were stock XPs, but they were using a roller and hitting just fast enough to not quite jump and nailing the throttle when they got to the top. One hit his rear cage in the sand, walked around, then started cart wheeling, probably a good $2500 in damage. I decided after that, XP wheelies = bad idea.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Yeah they are not doing true wheelies they are coming off the top of a hill and not "jumping" enough to get the rear tires off the ground.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yeah they are not doing true wheelies they are coming off the top of a hill and not "jumping" enough to get the rear tires off the ground.
True-ish, but they are then carrying the wheelie with power for 100+ feet, so while they cheat to lift the front end, it is a true wheelie after that point.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Really I think you guys are going to far, nice pic nice rzr :} Enjoy the sand goodness!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it has all the goodies and front diff off son 135 lb with me i have to hit a hill or bump

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you want to do wheelies go and do airdam and head work and cam and look out

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
True-ish, but they are then carrying the wheelie with power for 100+ feet, so while they cheat to lift the front end, it is a true wheelie after that point.
LOL I guess so if you want to accept that not having to use the machines own power for the initial front end lift to get into the wheelie counts as a real wheelie since yes once the balance point is reached it doesn't take much to stay there. By that measure geting a few friends to lift the machine up into "wheelie" position and letting it rest on the back bar then you start scraping along using the machines own power is also a wheelie. A stock RZR can wheelie and continue it by coming up out of a steep ditch, no big power required so it is not about hp if you are gonna "cheat".

Either way big fun I suppose.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
here one on the flats he can do it all day i cant View attachment 656
:bsflag:
I will say it again. No damn way that thing wheelies without help from a hill or any guys standing on the back while it gets started. I've been around plenty of UTVs with way more power than yours and it wont wheelie like that. If you have a video with it doing it from the start, I will eat my words. I will also buy an XP instead of a Wildcat, because that is insane power. 4Nines RZR should be able to flip over backwards if that one can pull straight up wheelies at will.....................

·
Registered
986 Posts
:bsflag:
I will say it again. No damn way that thing wheelies without help from a hill or any guys standing on the back while it gets started. I've been around plenty of UTVs with way more power than yours and it wont wheelie. Ask 4Nines what he thinks...............
Agreed, these things don't power wheelie with stock or even quite modified, radically modified yes.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
go on youtube lookup .rzr wheelie real wheelie. em not to good on the pc i could not put it on the forum do not know how

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
go on youtube lookup .rzr wheelie real wheelie. em not to good on the pc i could not put it on the forum do not know how
Already did. Found one race RZR on pavement that did a decent wheelie. Everything else was with a hill or staged. Even the turbo RZR XPs didn't show a wheelie on their own. If you are saying that an airdam clutch will do that to a Wildcat, I can see why they didn't go with that from the factory! lol

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
get a airdam clutch and it will come alive i have one and love it the dunecat getting one in it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts