Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed 14x8 4+4 DWT ultimate sport wheels? Do they rub/hit on anything? Front or rear?

Thanks

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
Has anybody installed 14x8 4+4 DWT ultimate sport wheels? Do they rub/hit on anything? Front or rear?

Thanks

You will need four 1/2” id x .100 thick washers between the wheel and the hub to clear the side face of the calipers. Works perfectly.

Reactions: negatronix

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
negatronix, are those primarily for sand use? If not, I suggest you watch the Shock Therapy video on wheel backspacing. A 4+4 wheel on an XX should only be used in the dunes. The video does a very good job of explaining why, right down to how many customers come to them with steering complaints that are completely the result of putting a deep dish wheel on their machines.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
negatronix, are those primarily for sand use? If not, I suggest you watch the Shock Therapy video on wheel backspacing. A 4+4 wheel on an XX should only be used in the dunes. The video does a very good job of explaining why, right down to how many customers come to them with steering complaints that are completely the result of putting a deep dish wheel on their machines.
Yes, they will be used only in sand. If I could go 2" or 3" on the outside, I would. I am not a fan of "deep dish" wheels, and am very aware of what is pointed out in the ST video.

I am really looking for the lightest and narrowest wheel that I can mount a set of 30" sand tires on. I'll probably go 15" but figured I'd at least ask about how 14's will fit.

Thanks for pointing the offset out!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts