Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Douglas makes a very light 14x10 (they make an 11, as well), and the price is "light" as well. Their website says it is good for UTVs and side-by-sides, but the back end of an XX is probably heavier than any other machine out there. I called DWT today, but the "right guy" had already gone home. The guy I spoke to said they have a lot of happy X3 customers, but those are about 330 lbs lighter than an XX, and I have no idea how tail heavy they might be.

Has anyone run these?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I run 15x8’s on the front. IMO you would be fine on the rear Unless you are looking to break the jump distance record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
I ran 14x10s in the rear and 14x8s in the front with no issues. You will need 1/2” washers that are .100 thick to clear the face of the calipers. I run the same washers on my Honda too. Great setup

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input! Now I have to figure out the logistics - we're hopscotching around AZ for the next couple of months. I won't know where to have them shipped until I know when they can ship.

Intending to pair them with SS360 tires. When we don't come south for the winter, we have plenty of snow to play in. For that matter, we usually head home early enough that I have to worry about getting the motorhome up our 1/4 mile driveway, so this setup could possibly see sand and snow in the same month.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Make sure you check availability and verify the wheels are in stock before you order. I ordered a set that showed "in stock", but the date changed as soon as I ordered them.

When I was putting my sand tire setup together, my 1st choice was DWT Ultimate Sport.. 15". DWT told me last November due to Covid they were so far behind and would not be manufacturing Ultimate Sport 14" or 15" until spring of 2021.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought and use the ones DuneGod had, I just bought a 1/4" 4x156 spacer and they work perfect.
I used the STU 29" beachcomber I got from DuneGod one season and now have the SS360s in 30" and both left me wanting more forward bite. I'd look into a straight cut paddle not the all terrains or stagers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Look how much taller they actually are from spec.
29" front with 6lbs next to the stock 30" with 12lbs
30" rear with 6lbs next to the stock 30" with 12lbs

and the beachcomber

·
Registered
127 Posts
My opinion on both of these tires are they do not provide enough forward bite to keep you moving forward. They both get you around. They slide/corner easy when on the gas and do not cary you up the dune. Instead they spin and you lose momentum overall. I felt the beachcomber robbed to much power so I got the 360's and they are better but still not what wanted them to be. Based on the rave review you get from the 360s I thought they would be great for the XX. Next trip I'm borrowing my friends (efx sand slingers 30") from his gayzer and we will see how that works.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They have come up with a deeper "tread", but so far only available in 32" (the HP version). Sounds like a 30" HP would have worked better for you?

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know!

I will wait until next year for sand tires / wheels. My wife lost an argument with a tree, and our pickup (i.e. our XX transportation to Glamis) will be in the shop for repairs when we get back to Yuma next month. We will be limited to riding directly from Yuma.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts