· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
jcooksey
Registered

Joined Jan 5, 2019
109 Posts
#228 · Nov 24, 2022

i wouldn't waste your hard earned fun money for this disaster. I purchased one of these kits a few months ago or longer and i loved the power curve of this setup with the magnets etc, well yesterday headed to Dumont from Tecopa and about 30 miles out I hear a very expensive sound behind me so I shut her down came to stop and noticed I had a hole in my clutch cover. Well to make a short story long the wonderful magnetically loaded clutch arms that they are so proud of busted the end off and then systematically destroyed my entire clutch both primary and secondary , belt, and clutch cover , probably around two grand worth of damage.
So I go to my local shop to see how much damage I am going to inflict on my wallet, and in the process I hear that these arms have been an issue for a while Duh I guess I didn’t get the memo as usual.
Wish that disclaimer would have been issued when I purchased these but I was so enamored with the ease of adjustment it probably wouldn’t have mattered. So know I am going to go home and see if the wife can pickup a part time job in the evening after she gets finished with her other job at the meat packing plant to help pay for my parts.
All I can say is if your looking to upgrade your clutch avoid DynoJet !
I MIGHT ADD THAT A COMPLETE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY IS NEEDED!
Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
201 Posts
Wow,that’s a major bummer. I went through somewhat similar a year ago when the Speed secondary lock backed out and allowed everything to loosen up and ultimately blowing the belt..took out inner belt cover,chewed up the input shaft of the gearbox…etc. ended up having Weddle upgraded gearbox and Speedwerx PTO,Speed WP,while I had everything apart. Also noticed spider cracks in the primary so replaced that.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow,that’s a major bummer. I went through somewhat similar a year ago when the Speed secondary lock backed out and allowed everything to loosen up and ultimately blowing the belt..took out inner belt cover,chewed up the input shaft of the gearbox…etc. ended up having Weddle upgraded gearbox and Speedwerx PTO,Speed WP,while I had everything apart. Also noticed spider cracks in the primary so replaced that.
That’s a real bummer, I am going to have to replace everything from the clutch cover in.
My buddy said that maybe the secondary sheaves could be smoothed out but I don’t think that’s so smart, I am going to replace everything to about the tune of 2500 dollars and that’s a low ball guess.
I am just pissed at DynoJet due to the fact that they knew about the toe breaking off, and then I hear from one of the employees at the shop say oh yeah we had trouble with them and that his boss had talked to DynoJet concerning this type of failure.
Know I am wondering if the guy that sold it to me was aware of it at the time of my purchase, because if he knew and knowingly sold it to me I am going to be pissed.
And that’s about all I am going to get out of this whole fiasco is pissed so WTF I am going to fix it and move on.

· Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
201 Posts
You would hope that they weren’t aware of the issue…if so that’s total BS and leave those broken parts at their door. You may want to consider giving Sean at Weddle a call and think about going through the gearbox since the car is going to be apart. While mine was apart I did as well as other upgrades that I mentioned. Also think about some 775 Fab motor/trans mounts.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would hope that they weren’t aware of the issue…if so that’s total BS and leave those broken parts at their door. You may want to consider giving Sean at Weddle a call and think about going through the gearbox since the car is going to be apart. While mine was apart I did as well as other upgrades that I mentioned. Also think about some 775 Fab motor/trans mounts.
Yea I am going to do quite a few things to it while it’s down, but we are in our best riding weather and getting antsy with the weather so good here.
I am going to look at the rear sway bar real hard and see if I can improve it.
I fabricated a new sway bar setup in the front with excellent results, so I think I can do the same for the rear but there’s issues with the drive line and I am working on some solutions to that little issue. I built new arms and mounts on the front end and using 4140 bar for torsion, works great.

· Registered
18 Posts
Yea I am going to do quite a few things to it while it’s down, but we are in our best riding weather and getting antsy with the weather so good here.
I am going to look at the rear sway bar real hard and see if I can improve it.
I fabricated a new sway bar setup in the front with excellent results, so I think I can do the same for the rear but there’s issues with the drive line and I am working on some solutions to that little issue. I built new arms and mounts on the front end and using 4140 bar for torsion, works great.
Sorry for your luck.Looks to be a bad design with not much material left after the weights.Most have weights in the center section.I had a similar problem with weights that were not heat treated and ate up my rollers and rollers were not a replaceable part from AC.So I had to get a new clutch Also.Good luck.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope just went with the stock stuff but availability was the determining factor in getting what I could.
Everything I looked into yesterday was about anywhere from six days to six months out and at my age I’ll go for a bird in hand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts