Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me say i have had some pretty fun toys of all kinds and i have been lucky in my life to do so. My first impression of the WC is it was the best machine i ever tried out on or off road. It was very muddy on my place today. So lets start simple. I did put bead locks on it other than that it is dead stock. The factory tires hook awesome very pleased with them. Steering felt alot like driving a high end sports car so smooth and responsive not to stiff not to light and no kickback from the rough stuff very very pleased. Brakes were exellent to not a hint of fade or soft pedal even after alot of water crossing. Seats fit me awesome and felt really good to me(I'm 5 9 about 180). Suspension. I dont know what to say. I thought i have had the best stuff going till now.WOW! I cant stress to you guys how smooth this thing is it really blew my expectations away you have to ride it to understand words cant describe it . Now one thing no one seems to talk about on here that drawed me to it and i think sits it apart from any other SxS. Seating position. Again its like driving a new vette not like your sitting on top of a milk crate. The wheel base is perfect for me and my riding and contributes to the freakishly smooth ride. Hill climbing on this machine is so much more stable you cant believe it. Power. I hear alot of concern about that. This thing hauls ass i assure you guys who are worried. It has a great mid range pull. It's deceptively fast but what most people dont tell you is YOU DONT HAVE TO LIFT! It begs to jump and hold wide open. Do i want it faster? Hell yes ! Do i want more of everything? Hell yes! So what im saying is stock for stock pros vs cons in my opinion their is no SxS in its class period if your wanting the most overall sport oriented SxS. I will make some small changes to it yes but could AC or anybody build the perfect machine for every consumer? No but this machine is the best starting point currently at this time no doubt. Seating postion, wheel base, suspension, and overall design is superior no one can dispute that claim.After some real seat time people will be doing some amazing things with this WC. I cant wait to take it for a all day ride. I wont be sleeping much the next few days! If you put money down on one you wont be dissapointed i promise. It will start a frenzy of awesome machines to come no doubt and thats good for us all who enjoy this sport. I hope this helps with anyone still wandering about it. I have some good video of hill climbs and top speed runs over some rough stuff. As soon as i edit out the bs i will post it. :):cool:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
There is one thing people get hung up on and there is so much to the wildcat than "that" Also if people would start reading the site and put all the information together a little light bulb would pop over their head :}

·
Registered
210 Posts
Rabbit So true, Like I said testerday just wait a year and the W/C "BANDWAGON" will be full. Hater's will be back under their rocks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Cranes where do you ride in Eastern KY? I have been to the Buffalo Mountain Hatfield Trail system on the KY WV border but nothing in KY. Are there places to ride? Better yet, are there places to take the Wildcat down there. I am anxious to get to Hatfield McCoy but need to get my skidplates and cab kit. Let me know. I live in Northern VA.

Also has anyone been to Royal Blue in TN? Is it SxS friendly?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Powell county. I own about 400 acre farm there and we have are own little pardise of hills Mx track and trails. Im very lucky do so too and thank my blessings! Your only hr and 45 away. Im wanting to go riding in your country we should get together for a ride sometime.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ky has tons of riding. Were do you want start! Everything from rock crawling to hill climbing pretty fun stuff.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
its about time some new info came out, keep feeding the trolls!!! we are getting restless and irritable. hurry with the videos, i have watched them all 40 times, they are getting boring!!

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
First off let me say i have had some pretty fun toys of all kinds and i have been lucky in my life to do so. My first impression of the WC is it was the best machine i ever tried out on or off road.
Are you saying that the Wildcat is more fun than your GTS????

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes thanks for the review. I have been in your neck of the woods at the Poppy mountain bluegrass festival. Come up to Jackson county WV and do some riding with us.Hopefully I will have a Wildcat soon

·
Registered
11,034 Posts
hey cranes where do you ride in eastern ky? I have been to the buffalo mountain hatfield trail system on the ky wv border but nothing in ky. Are there places to ride? Better yet, are there places to take the wildcat down there. I am anxious to get to hatfield mccoy but need to get my skidplates and cab kit. Let me know. I live in northern va.

Also has anyone been to royal blue in tn? Is it sxs friendly?
yes royal blue is ok. But brimstone and windrock is the best. Trail 12 at windrock is the best trail in the world. 4 hours of fun in mud, hills, rocks and creeks crossing. I live in tennessee and i can't get enough of trail 12. It is different everytime i go.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Black Mountain and the surrounding area, near Hazard KY, is great riding also. Spent 4 or 5 days riding that area on my RZR a couple years ago. Double thanks for the review, this kind of riding is what we mostly do, usually of couple of trips to Little Sahara (OK) every year also.

Dwight

1 - 20 of 37 Posts