Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... is the 2015 version ECU reflash for a 2014X a...
1. 'Nice to do'
2. 'A good to do'
3. 'Get it done' thing to do or a
4. 'Don't bother' ?

Just have seen it pop up in a few places without much explanation.

·
Administrator
27,493 Posts
2015 to a 2014? They flash to the model you have, and probably the 14 and 15Xs are the same, or close to it

A flash will give you more power, and more rpm. And a free flowing muffler will definitely make it better. Now, it's up to you, and the way you drive, and where you drive, to determine if you want to do it.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I did the reflash and exhaust as about one the last of the mods and it should have been one of the first. What a nice change, higher rpms in low and overall better power. Runs through the woods so much better. A GREAT thing to do.

·
Registered
988 Posts
The 15's have closed loop fuel system. Meaning it has O2 sensor on the exhaust and changes the tune depending on what its reading. This is why they idle better and run better.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The 15's have closed loop fuel system. Meaning it has O2 sensor on the exhaust and changes the tune depending on what its reading. This is why they idle better and run better.
This man speaketh the truth!!!

My 16' overall runs sooo much better than my old 12' it isn't even funny.

Fuel mileage is a lot better also!

C-ya!!!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG!!! Just checked a few prices for reflashing 'MY' ecu that 'I' remove, package up, and mail out. Seems like a sh*t load of $$$ for connecting a cable to 'MY' ecu and pressing 'Enter". Must be similar to pill companies 'needing to get their research investment back'. I could almost feel good about it if it was a new ecu but daaaaamn...

OK, my daily glass of whine is empty.

·
Administrator
27,493 Posts
OMG!!! Just checked a few prices for reflashing 'MY' ecu that 'I' remove, package up, and mail out. Seems like a sh*t load of $$$ for connecting a cable to 'MY' ecu and pressing 'Enter". Must be similar to pill companies 'needing to get their research investment back'. I could almost feel good about it if it was a new ecu but daaaaamn...

OK, my daily glass of whine is empty.
Well, it's the old saying "If you want to play, you got to pay". Yeah, it's up there, mostly due to research and refinements. I have it done on both my cars, along with free flowing exhausts. Like I said in my first post, depends how you drive, and where. All I can say is I loved what it did.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts

OK, my daily glass of whine is empty.[/QUOTE

Two screws and it's out, The reflash price is a bargin for the way the car runs afterward. Possibly in the future they will have a mapping switch like the new dirtbikes, I would like to see that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
So here's a good read for anyone wanting to jump into the reflash..

If they epoxy the boot pin when you come in for warranty work (if they hook into the data port on the car) unless your dealer will lie to the oem you're denied.

·
Registered
549 Posts
For those wondering - I posted a link that had a graph that showed concerns with a re-flash. Unfortunately the company writing the article (not a supporting vendor) did offer a re-flash in their store but no where did it post pricing info availability on the article I shared rather it mentioned it was available and some of the products they were selling. The info provided debunked stage 2,3 flashes of another company (supporting vendor on this page as well) making false claims while destroying your ecu utilizing epoxy on the boot pin and backed it up with the findings of Bikeman performance (supporting vendor) on the same flash that supported what was being advertised were not as produced.

It also explained how re-flashes are done, and what happens when you re-flash.

If you'd like the link feel free to PM me and I'll gladly supply.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I know I did a lot of 'Whining' in an earlier post about the cost of a reflash. But recently the slot machine gods in Reno NV smiled (OK maybe grinned) at me and now I have some pocket money to throw around. So which company do the majority of you all recommend I send my ECU to? Most satisfied, quickest turn around, etc. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
27,493 Posts
Well I know I did a lot of 'Whining' in an earlier post about the cost of a reflash. But recently the slot machine gods in Reno NV smiled (OK maybe grinned) at me and now I have some pocket money to throw around. So which company do the majority of you all recommend I send my ECU to? Most satisfied, quickest turn around, etc. Thanks in advance.
EVO. Check and see if they are having a 4th of July sale.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Hell...I'll plug into my laptop and see what happens. Then you give me the slot money. It's like a placebo, but you'll be happy. Honest!!!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hell...I'll plug into my laptop and see what happens. Then you give me the slot money. It's like a placebo, but you'll be happy. Honest!!!
UH HUh… Sure thing. :nana:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts