Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2016 wildcat sport limited and it has the shock rub that the stage 5 elkas are notorious for. Anyone know what the real fix is? Do the install larger springs or something more indepth.

·
Administrator
27,561 Posts
I would do a search. I "thought" back in the day, Elka covered this with new springs, or something. Now this might have been the original owners only, I don't remember.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The recall was to swap them out for shorter springs. Like a lot shorter. Several people, including myself just did the all Star shock protectors. Link for reference, not sure if that's the right size or not.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all64201

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also installed the allstar shock protectors. It's a much better solution then the shorter springs they installed as the "proper fix". A dual spring setup should have been the actual proper fix but elka never replies to any of my emails.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had also called elka to see about getting a dual spring setup and he told me unless I was racing it was not needed. Yea cause having a softer rate for slower trail riding and the stiffer rate come in during aggressive riding isn't something people would want...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also did the All Star Shock protectors - Elka would cover replacement if the unit was still under warranty is what they told me

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also have the Elka Shock rub, do you guys know what the part number is for the All Star Protectors that you ordered for the fronts and rears?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I also have the Elka Shock rub, do you guys know what the part number is for the All Star Protectors that you ordered for the fronts and rears?
All64201
28 bucks on Amazon per sleeve

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Or less than $25.50 shipped to my location. Direct from allstarperformance.com.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts