Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a intermitent problem with my front differential actuator and now its dead . I tried to open it then clean it and it still dont work. I can manually engage the 4wd with vice grips lol but mu question is:

as a temporary fix ( i need the cat this weekend and we have snow here ) , will the 4wd will stay engaged ? Or it will disengage itself? My idea was to manually engage it and reinstall the actuator while im ordering the new one .

thanks !

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had a intermitent problem with my front differential actuator and now its dead . I tried to open it then clean it and it still dont work. I can manually engage the 4wd with vice grips lol but mu question is:

as a temporary fix ( i need the cat this weekend and we have snow here ) , will the 4wd will stay engaged ? Or it will disengage itself? My idea was to manually engage it and reinstall the actuator while im ordering the new one .

thanks !

Yes. The spring on the shift fork, will keep the slip collar in the locked position. -The differential lock is a no-go. Water proof the holes as best you can;

-Intermittent shift actuators are most times caused by the switch; have you checked the switch and relay?

Manually engage? It should engage as soon as the actuator is absent, and you roll the wheels of the buggy - Do you maybe have a bent shift fork? Does the pin slide easily in the diff housing?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before the failure , the switch was on 4wd and it was always engage and disengage itself ( by hearing the actuator gone crazy ) i tested the switch and i have power that go to the actuator connector but i dont hear any more sound of the actuator

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Mine did the same, water in the actuator. If you end up needing one I have a spare sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would it be for sale ? New ones are expensive. Or you're keeping it as a spare? I saw water marks in there, cleaned everything well but no luck

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Sure.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
The plastic gears normally go in the actuators, which cause a motor-boat type noise.. The 12 has worked flawlessly the 13 is on it's third one.

A cable setup is yet another winter project.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey fellow cat friends, all the way from St Lawrence Island Gambell Alaska! I have a 2014 Arctic Cat wildcat trail and is stuck in 2 when drive as well, this is it's first time doing that, it does make a shifting sound on it's own at times, so it sounds like by taking off the actuator it'll go into 4 wheel drive? This cat has treated it's whole life👍 I own nothing but Arctic Cat ATVs, UTVs & snowmachine. 🤟

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Lots of plastic parts inside the actuator. If the right one breaks, I'm sure it could make the right noises, but not move the coupler.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
im pretty sure it can be converted to manual- if u are able to wrench- its done on 4wd cars also...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts