Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everbody, i am curious to see what you all think a good motor swap would be for the WC. What trans would you use and some details on set up.
I have a 2009 Apex itching for a new home, thought it would work good with an outlander trans :confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
The RZR trans is working good on the MCX Apex RZR-X. Not sure how hard it would be to connect to the front and rear diff in the WC though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I looked at the outlander trans because it has the front and rear out put and sits fairly low, might line up the best ?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I looked at the outlander trans because it has the front and rear out put and sits fairly low, might line up the best ?
The guys running turbo rotax motors use them with good success. And those things run really well. Not on par with an Apex motor, but they leave the new XP in the dust....................

·
Official Site Vendor
181 Posts
Here is what an XP trans looks like without the engine and clutch attached...........

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys, the pic of the xp helps me make up my mind, its not an option as the WC has a separate transaxle. Looks like the best option will be the Can Am trans.
Has anyone seen a 4-Tec sea-doo motor in a sxs ? 215-255 HP ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here is what a RZR and RZR-S transmission looks like.
Note: it is not sitting level on the bench.

In this picture the secondary goes on the right hand input shaft, the drive line to the front diff goes on the left hand output shaft.

side view:

Rear view. The rear diff housing connects to the torque tube and a splined coupler connects the shafts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
here it is during construction by MCX in a RZR with a 10" frame stretch.
Apex on the left, trans on the right:

top view:

on the sand:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts