Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would give everybody a heads up. I had to replace the two rear engine mounts last week. One was completely destroyed and one was half way ripped apart. I have 1100 miles on my xx. If you are going to replace them here are a few tips.

-remove the rear cage. Trust me the whole R/R will go much faster
  • on the new mounts I used a 3m window urathane sealant in the grooves of the engine mount. I purchased it for 29 dollars at my local auto zone. It takes about 24 hours to set up so plan accordingly.
  • the mounts bolt to a bracket which bolt to the transmission. Inspect the bracket welds very closely. One of my welds were cracked due to insufficient weld penetration, due to a lack of work angle while welding. I didnt have any way to weld it as I was away from home. Fortunately there was a 3/8" hole between the pieces of metal that I was able to bolt together. Long story short Inspect the welds very carefully

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The best thing you can do for those mounts and the whole rear of the XX is get the Speed bump pad. My mounts were broken for a long time but with the trans sitting on the bump pad everything was still supported. I didn't even worry about the mounts until just recently while I was doing other maintenance. Just another place where Textron dropped the ball and Speed had to come up with a fix.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The best thing you can do for those mounts and the whole rear of the XX is get the Speed bump pad. My mounts were broken for a long time but with the trans sitting on the bump pad everything was still supported. I didn't even worry about the mounts until just recently while I was doing other maintenance. Just another place where Textron dropped the ball and Speed had to come up with a fix.
I agree the bump pad is a must. I have one in my 2019 along with the modded engine mounts and so far so good. This week I will add one to my 2018.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd argue the bump pad being a fix. Precautionary measure is more like it. Stiffening up a good set of mounts , (filling voids with rubber or silicone) is where I'm headed.
I just had a idea. I have some cold vulcanizing tire compound....that should work perfect!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Todztoyz, how did that work on your trans mounts? I just replaced mine during a recent tear down without doing anything extra.
Anyone out there know of an “After Market” option?

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I tried the 3M window weld and it pushed out of the voids the first ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried the 3M window weld and it pushed out of the voids the first ride.
Drako, sorry to hear that. I have it on both of my cars and so far it has held up well. FYI I cleaned inside the depressions with some lucas parts cleaner and a bristle brush, thoroughly let it dry and then I installed the window weld. I worked the window weld down into the void, making sure that I got all of the air bubbles removed and also ensuring that I had good adhesion to the bottom and side walls. The window weld fills the void and covers everything about 1/8" all the way around, (except for the mounting surface itself). I let mine sit for a couple of days, while it was drying in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Todztoyz, how did that work on your trans mounts? I just replaced mine during a recent tear down without doing anything extra.
Anyone out there know of an “After Market” option?
Haven't got there yet. I'm gathering parts for a new homebrew muffler system. Will do it then.
I've used it on tires...it will work...I'm sure of it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts