Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2015 Trail XT, only had it out for a couple rides, seemed okay. My daughter and step daughter took it out and did a bunch of road riding. When they were coming back to the camp, it was making a very bad noise, like a rattling, grinding noise. Bike stalled and would not turn over, they told me it overheated. Brought it home, put the battery tender on in case battery was reason for not turning over. Pulled clutch cover off to see if anything obvious, could not turn clutch by hand. Put a small pry bar in got it to move, but was stiff. Checked oil, none on dipstick, only took about a litre and a half to fill up, so don’t think it was run dry of oil. Would still not turn over, only one click with each turn off the key. Tried crossing solenoid, and was able to get it fired up. Still making really bad noise can’t tell if clutch or engine noise, gave clutch a quick clean up, cleaned up slides a bit but didn’t polish. Weights seem loose, but not sure if that’s normal. Still making a really bad noise. Sorry for the very long post but didn’t want to leave anything out. Going to try and post video of noise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pull your plugs and have a look , do a compression test as well. Personally I'm not liking the sound😨

·
Registered
2014 Wildcat Trail XT
307 Posts
My dads sounded just like that when his was ran with little oil. The engine was toast, low compression, rods knocking and burning oil fast (after he filled it back up).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts