Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! We're very excited to begin our testing and development on the Wildcat CVT system. We've done some preliminary work, but as you can guess, the real stuff begins when the machine arrives. We're scheduled to pick ours up early next week (nice Christmas gift, huh?). Our plans are to do some stock machine/trail development right away in a couple upper midwest locations we have, and then we'll be spending a week in Glamis mid-january with 2 Wildcats!

It's great to see & read all the excitement surrounding this new machine. Like someone else wrote in a thread that i read last night, what a great time to be an enthusiast in this sport with both Polaris and Cat producing such high-quality machines to enjoy.

We should have clutch kits available by the end of January if it all works out the way we expect!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to see you are reading some of our older posts. There is a lot of excitement involved with this rig and the waiting is just making that excitement grow. Having a great group of aftermarket vendors ready to release parts and accessories for this rig when it finally hits consumers is just adding to that excitement. Welcome and can't wait to see what you come up with.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
That's awesome news Jeff! The word I keep hearing is how much improvement there is in the factory clutch set up. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with :)

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Now that the RZR XP4 is coming I will have to get that one for my wife, so someone please make sure that a stock XP4 will not be able to dust off my new Wildcat because that just wouldn't do LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Now that the RZR XP4 is coming I will have to get that one for my wife, so someone please make sure that a stock XP4 will not be able to dust off my new Wildcat because that just wouldn't do LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont worry I'm sure a fourseater wildcat is next

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I heard a rumor of AC announcing that in February.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Hi everyone! We're very excited to begin our testing and development on the Wildcat CVT system. We've done some preliminary work, but as you can guess, the real stuff begins when the machine arrives. We're scheduled to pick ours up early next week (nice Christmas gift, huh?). Our plans are to do some stock machine/trail development right away in a couple upper midwest locations we have, and then we'll be spending a week in Glamis mid-january with 2 Wildcats!

It's great to see & read all the excitement surrounding this new machine. Like someone else wrote in a thread that i read last night, what a great time to be an enthusiast in this sport with both Polaris and Cat producing such high-quality machines to enjoy.

We should have clutch kits available by the end of January if it all works out the way we expect!
Hayell yeah. Only one post to your credit, yet you're one of my favorite contributers. Funny how that works.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
I noticed the cvtech clutch do you thik it might be possible that this machine could come with no wet clutch
All arctic cat wheelers have cv tech clutches. Airdam uses a different style of a cv tech.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The wet clutch will likely have to be addressed before too much power can be put down.
I have seen a couple turbo Prowler XTZs running the stock wet clutch with no issues. I read somewhere one guy had it slightly modified and changed the weights and spring.....................

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
the wet clutch it is in behind the secondary clutch, it looks alot like the clutch you might see on a gocart, a centrifical style clutch. it is bathed in oil and you will have to remove a side case to access it. it may help save the transmission?, i know rzr has had alot of transmissions breaking, that about the only part i havent had to replaced on my 09 rzr-s, i am headed out to the barn right now to remove the front differential, think i cracked the plastic cage, i have already replaced the rear diff, popped it like a melon. if you own about any boy toy, you better have a fat wallet or be a descent mechanic if you want to ride it hard. i am hoping my new wildcat aint no pussy...cat.

Speaking of the wet clutch?? How hard is it to get to/modify? Isn't it inside the engine on the crankshaft or something?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts