Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out today and everything was fine until we got on pavement and ran the speed up to 60 MPH. The speedometer was going from 30-127-60-96-79-50 on and on it was all over the place at a steady speed. The engine started missing also, I slowed to 40 mph and it all cleared up. I didn't have a chance to go back up to 60 mph again after that. Sounds like high speed vibration was causing an electrical short, do these machines get loose battery cables over time? Never done this before.

2016 Sport Limited.

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
Try looking at all your electrical connections first. Go through the easy stuff first. Definitely check your ECU too. Check grounds too. Check plug wires, and plugs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went out today and the speedometer stopped. I was getting code C1312 and P0500. We went about 30 miles and 20 or so miles in the speedometer started reading erratically and the engine started missing again and then it read correctly and worked the rest of the ride. Seems loose battery cables confuse the electronics and it takes a while for them to settle down.

Running perfectly now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts