Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 wildcat sport, hard roof, front and rear light bars, whips, winch, modified exhaust, pcv, intak
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before, but i would like to hear from some of you that have a 16 sport with evo flash. I trail ride and dirt road ride alot, occasionally hit the rocks a little but mostly open space dirt roads and trails that are wide. I ride with rzr 900`s and can ams, to give a little insight my son in law has a 900 rzr and my stock sport smoked him, like hurt his feelings. Lol, he purchased evo flash and gained a ton lined up he was leaving me. I cant hit his top speed but decided to pep up the kitty, i am running pcv with a custom tune, gutted exhaust, aftermarket filter, and a little clutch work. All that being said i shaved about 2 1/2 sec. Off my 0-50 with this set up, but not enough to get him. We are close but he still has the faster machine. Question is i am 0-50 in about 7 to 7.3 seconds top speed about 68mph, can i get this machine quicker with an evo flash on our models? I am satisfied with the kitty but i am also very competative. Evo will not do what it did to that 900 for me but do you guys think it would pep it up more than my set up now? Would love to hear yalls input on this, i am definitely not going down the rabbit hole of big bore or turbo, as my pockets arent that deep.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Does evo still flash kitty’s? Love the competition and the 700’s umph to give the 900’s a run for their money.

Reactions: Td84

·
Registered
2016 wildcat sport, hard roof, front and rear light bars, whips, winch, modified exhaust, pcv, intak
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to them before i asked you about the clutch springs and they do still flask but they were having a software issue in the machine that flashes ours. I sent my ecu to them and they told me it was down and overnight returned it to me. That was about 3 weeks ago, i since purchased the pcv and installed it and got a decent map. But i am still curious if anyone had any real results with it on the 16 sport. I know those guys have good tunes but i dont know if it would give me a decent bump. That 900 turned into a monster after the stage one flash, like night and day he is pulling about 6.3 sec 0-50 and hitting 75 mph in a 900 trail. Scary quick, im not after 75-80 mph cause we dont run them that hard. But if it could get me around 6 sec. 0-50 i would spend the $350 just because 😁

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sak do you have the evo flash?

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Sak do you have the evo flash?
I do Not. I had the evo flash on our wildcat trail Along with evo’s exhaust and intake and it still wasn’t as fast as the 2016 sport bone stock but that was early on in evo’s flashing of the cat’s. Evo’s flash for the sports use to raise the rev limit to 8500rpm so you could lighten the primary weights, I just don’t know how much more there is on top when the graphs I’ve seen it makes peak torque in the 7800 and peak hp just a little higher I believe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was what i was thinking, i raised rev limit to 8500 with pcv and i am at about 7800 rpm now with clutch setup. I dont know if there is any meat left on the bone, but evo does their homework and if more could be gotten i figure evo might have the dyno hours to figure it out. I guess not a lot of people have the evo flash on the 16 sports. That 900 gained about 15 whp, that is nuts! And i believe it actually gained that much because i ran next to him before and after.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
10-15 hp sounds right. Arctic cat really tuned on the 16-17 sports and squeezed almost everything out of them , speedwerx has some Dyno graphs also. If you raised the limiter to 8500 why not try a lighter set of AC primary weights they use to be fairly cheap.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would lighter primary change my engagement? Its at 2400 right now and pretty smooth but dont think i would want it any higher at engagement. The only other thing holding me back is can this engine make power past 8000 rpm? I wouldnt run it wide open all the time but i dont know if the extra rpm would be making power or falling off. May look into lighter weights just to see, trial and error till i figure out what it is capable of.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Trial and error is how I came up with the combo I gave you. But with a raised rev limiter I would try the next lower weights in the primary just to see.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think thats what im gonna do, it will probably be a couple weeks but when i do it ill let you know how it goes. Trying to get some Christmas shopping knocked out right now, i have two grown kids and i started over, my little girl is coming up on 2 yr. Daddy's money is headed to the kiddo's right now. But thats more fun than anything else to see them smiling. I might reach back out to evolution and see if they got their flash computer straightened out as well, I would like to ask them what i could expect on a 16 sport. But i have a feeling that my fuel/timing map and clutch work may have squeezed every drop already. But i will say the kitty is purring nice right now, she'll eat a factory 900 xp with 88 hp for breakfast then go lookin for lunch. Ha

·
Registered
2014 Wildcat Trail XT
297 Posts
Those rzr 900 trails get 25hp with a tune and exhaust. Part of it is the drive by wire throttle body in stock form does not open all the way. That's a tuff gain to keep up with.

Speedwerx and Bike Man Performance have tunes downloadable tunes, try them both out. One may work better for your set up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bikeman gave me a map for their exterminator kit wich worked well and i reclutched, im pullin 0-50mph in 6.8 sec he gets me by a little but not much. My cat will leave a stock 900 xp and keep the lead until about 66mph i top out about 68 to 70 and they have a little more top end but we dont run them to top end usually. I am very happy with the set up now i run at 7900 rpm through wot and engage at 2400 rpm was able to pull a lot more power out of the machine. I dont think evo could give me any gains at this point. That being said i would line up with any non turbo 900 that is not flashed and be willing to bet on the cat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts