Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
People have ran the Hurricane shaft on the sleds and they seem to take some of the rattle out of the PTO area.

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
how much/long/difficulty of a job is the install?...

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
did it on both of my XXs, made a noticeable difference, I also changed the clutch buttons on one of the rigs.. not difficult, just need the right tools, mainly clutch tool is the main ingredient.. depending on the beer brakes, but I would say an hour to a hour and a half..

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
thanks kevin for the info...have you done the speedwerx clutch intake kit for the xx?...were the clutch buttons procured from speedwerx as well?...as you know, i was just wondering how long to do this stuff, the dealer will be doing it at $80 per hour...haaaaaaa...

·
Registered
78 Posts
did it on both of my XXs, made a noticeable difference, I also changed the clutch buttons on one of the rigs.. not difficult, just need the right tools, mainly clutch tool is the main ingredient.. depending on the beer brakes, but I would say an hour to a hour and a half..
How did you replace the buttons? What kind of buttons did you use?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I didn’t do the intake, all parts came from speedwerx and to change the buttons I had to buy the spider removal tool also. All of it is pretty easy, if, you have the right tools. I can see a dealer charging 2-3 hours to do all of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How did you change the clutch buttons? Which buttons did you use?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
you have to buy or build your own spider removal tool to get that off because the buttons are between the spider and towers on the primary..I used the speedwerx buttons

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Spider removal often means a fixture to hold the clutch plus a tool that fits the spider. I don't know the spec for the XX clutch, but spiders often get torqued to something in the neighborhood of 300 ft lbs.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I cant really member what the torque was for that but its pretty high as the tool I got to take it off and back on has a square hole on the end to put a 1/2" torque wrench in.. the tool itself is close to 36" long plus a 1/2" torque wrench close to 24" gives you a lot of leverage..

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Yup. Pulling one apart is not for the faint of heart. The spider tool for the Polaris primary I used on my first race car was 3/4" drive. Still have the breaker bar.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
im wrong on my post above, it is a 3/4 drive also on that tool I got

1 - 14 of 14 Posts