1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I understand, there are two plans available:

24 months for $1336.00
36 months for $1774.00

The plan covers 'any kind of mechanical breakdown', towing, and even a rental - for whatever that is freaking worth. Now, I'm no spring chicken so I surely know the shortcomings of warranties after the mods go on. So my question is for anybody planning mild mods, i.e. pipes, ecu, not necessarily a wcd: are you even considering the extended warranty? Truthfully I will not go with the 3 year as I will have something different by then.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm going to try and ride the shit out of mine for the 6 month factory warranty - and if I feel I need it, I'll then get the 2yr - You don't have to buy it right away, you just need to buy it before the 6 months is up...

·
Registered
508 Posts
For that price? Hell no.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its a gamble. Have one engine/transmission issue and you'll probably wish you had spent the $$$ Your talking about $50 a month... not that big a deal

·
Registered
156 Posts
i will probably just give it sh1t for the best part of the original warranty then decide , based on what has happened in that time......as for mods , kinda on the fence at the moment.......see how she goes i suppose......

·
Registered
285 Posts
It might be good for those that aren't modifying. On the other hand, is Arctic Cat good about doing warranty work?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I think my sons is costing in the 6 to 7 hundred range for 4 years. I will ask him when I see him later.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
most dealers work to hard to find reasons not to warranty them, all they have to do is claim abuse, and its over.

i for one will take my chances, as i know for a fact i will be modding, IF I EVER GET IT!

·
Registered
195 Posts
most dealers work to hard to find reasons not to warranty them, all they have to do is claim abuse, and its over.

i for one will take my chances, as i know for a fact i will be modding, IF I EVER GET IT!
Got to agree with pawnman!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Its a gamble. Have one engine/transmission issue and you'll probably wish you had spent the $$$ Your talking about $50 a month... not that big a deal
No I believe the warranty includes the factory 6 months so that 24 is really 18 month and the 36 is really 30 months. If that is indeed the case then its more like 75 to 60 dollars a month plus interest if you finance.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Christ guys, where are you finding 3 yr warranties for $700? As everything, I suppose there is a major markup in it. I think I will pass as I will beat the shit out of it for the first 5 and then decide, as some have suggested.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Some dealers sell aftermarket warranties other than Cat Care. Also, blownhotrodder is correct in that Cat Care is concurrent with the factory warranty, so when you say 24 months, or 36 months that is the total coverage time. Your dealer can print out the terms of Cat Care coverage for you to review. There are exclusions, so go in with your eyes open.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
That's the price I saw on AC warranty paperwork, but the $700 would be nice. That's my plan to is ride the crap out of it for 5 months and then decide

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did not get the extra warranty, got burned on that in the past. If your planing on any sort of engine mods dont waist the $$ and keep it for the upgrades you need not that you want. Beating the other guy is what its all about !

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Reactions: RZRMIKE1976

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
hey congrats rabbit, looks like the copper is gonna fix your wildcat for free!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts