Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They r rubbing the stickers off by the hinge,and scuffing the paint on the frame. Give it time ill be to bare metal,tried to adjust the door but can't slide at all. Hopefully warranty will fix this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm sure warranty will take care of it. Its good to make them repair/replace your problem parts under warranty. If enough people have the problem, they will change the design to alleviate it. The only way to get things changed is to get in their pockets for the warranty repairs...............

·
Registered
102 Posts
There will be a fix for this as I have already talked to AC about it. They will be coming out with an update of some sort to readjust the door where it doesn't rub.

·
Registered
945 Posts
That's good....sure do not want scrapped up stuff on a brand new machine.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
They r rubbing the stickers off by the hinge,and scuffing the paint on the frame. Give it time ill be to bare metal,tried to adjust the door but can't slide at all. Hopefully warranty will fix this.
Hey lathon22 how is the door managing to close up that big gap to touch? Is this happening when the door is swung all the way open or what?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hey lathon22 how is the door managing to close up that big gap to touch? Is this happening when the door is swung all the way open or what?
That's what it looks like to me Chris. Looks like the door opens too far and rubs on the tubing. I would say that there will be plenty of these kind of things in a first year product. Get used to it. Hopefully they warranty all this stuff and then make some changes somewhere down the line..................

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm still waiting to hear from AC about my doors cracking. If they or I don't do something soon the plastic is gonna fall off. I kinda like the full doors but I'll wait to see what AC is going to do about the stock ones. My doors hang up about half way open, not sure what is going on there, but they will open up all of the way with a little push.

Dwight

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I'm still waiting to hear from AC about my doors cracking. If they or I don't do something soon the plastic is gonna fall off. I kinda like the full doors but I'll wait to see what AC is going to do about the stock ones. My doors hang up about half way open, not sure what is going on there, but they will open up all of the way with a little push.

Dwight
The netting is probably not able to complete the arc being travelled by the door so the doors "hang up" about halfway and you push a little more and the netting gives and the door continues to full open. Try loosening up your netting.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I removed the netting. That is not what the doors hang up on. The plastics themselves distort in the sun and the back edge at the hinge binds up against the chassis. I have to push in on the plastic to get it to clear so I can open the door all the way. Mine are also cracked from the aft attach bolt back. It'd be nice if AC would replace them but so far that's my only real complaint with my cat so I consider myself lucky compared to some.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yeah. Thing is, I don't like the looks of either the pro armor or UTVinc doors. I don't like how the tops of them go down and then back up. Kinda hurts the overall looks of the cat, imo. And if it moves the latch further up front out may be difficult to reach after you've strapped yourself into a 5 point harness. My rzr was like that and I hated it. I use my door for an armrest, and out here in the AZ desert the metal bars of the aftermarket doors would get pretty damn hot. I also bought the wildcat in part because it already had doors. I like them and have no problems with the latch mechanism so I plan to keep them for quite some time. If AC won't warranty them then I hope those plastics aren't more than $50-60 apiece.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts