Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to order some walker Evans parts to fix my little boo boo, amazing service and very helpful guys btw, and while I was talking to them, I asked about the compression adjuster. So for those like me who care, he said its not really just a hi speed or just a low speed. It's kind of an in between or just overall compression adjust. Been wondering that forever. He also said if I wanted a stiffer setup, the springs were good as is, he would send me a valve kit that they have to speed up the dampening. Great freaking company, couldn't be more happy right now with arctic cats shock choice.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I was wondering about that after I adjusted mine lol. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I would have liked to know their reasoning behind the helper spring on the front shocks.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Holy geez SoCal. Haven't we gone over that? It is for the droop when the shocks extend. It has to be compressed so its not loose when the 40% droop occurs during a jump or over deep ruts. I saw a race truck with a very similar set up and that's exactly what they confirmed...................

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Holy geez SoCal. Haven't we gone over that? It is for the droop when the shocks extend. It has to be compressed so its not loose when the 40% droop occurs during a jump or over deep ruts. I saw a race truck with a very similar set up and that's exactly what they confirmed...................
I didnt see that post. They confirmed that? I dont think it's sitting at 40% droop. It's sitting too high with too much exposed shock thread. It's not operating as a dual rate spring pack since it's on the main spring at normal ride height.

One could replace the upper spring with a heavier, longer one and get an even softer ride and reduce bottoming with the crossover proprly adjusted.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
By the way I am highly surprised by you Red, any seasoned rider knows you never blast across unfamiliar fields, over blind hills, around blind curves on unfamiliar trails, etc etc etc where traps like that could be waiting. On a marked race course at least you know they have eliminated obvious deathtraps, but wooded areas are chock full of impact zones. You definitely lost your senses with giddyness over that new ride. Glad you weren't hurt, this could have been a very bad incident.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I didnt see that post. They confirmed that? I dont think it's sitting at 40% droop. It's sitting too high with too much exposed shock thread. It's not operating as a dual rate spring pack since it's on the main spring at normal ride height.

One could replace the upper spring with a heavier, longer one and get an even softer ride and reduce bottoming with the crossover proprly adjusted.
I know it sits high, but look at the pictures in mid air. Almost any good set up is gonna have at least 30% droop. Anyways, I would think that you could put a little heavier spring in there, but it would still have to be at least a couple inches compressed at rest. The fronts from everyone's account are set up perfectly. Just the rears need to be a little stiffer to keep from bottoming out on high speed g-outs, especially with a passenger. I really think that the shocks are the last thing you need to worry about on these things. There should be enough adjustment to get them to work like you want them too.........

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I had to order some walker Evans parts to fix my little boo boo, amazing service and very helpful guys btw, and while I was talking to them, I asked about the compression adjuster. So for those like me who care, he said its not really just a hi speed or just a low speed. It's kind of an in between or just overall compression adjust. Been wondering that forever. He also said if I wanted a stiffer setup, the springs were good as is, he would send me a valve kit that they have to speed up the dampening. Great freaking company, couldn't be more happy right now with arctic cats shock choice.
By chance did you ask or did they tell you what psi the shocks are charged at?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I know it sits high, but look at the pictures in mid air. Almost any good set up is gonna have at least 30% droop. Anyways, I would think that you could put a little heavier spring in there, but it would still have to be at least a couple inches compressed at rest. The fronts from everyone's account are set up perfectly. Just the rears need to be a little stiffer to keep from bottoming out on high speed g-outs, especially with a passenger. I really think that the shocks are the last thing you need to worry about on these things. There should be enough adjustment to get them to work like you want them too.........

I noticed in some of the videos of really big air, the WC was bottoming out front and rear. I don't think I'll ever jump that high, but it's nice to know that one has more adjustability available with a simple spring swap and minor knob adjustments.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
By the way I am highly surprised by you Red, any seasoned rider knows you never blast across unfamiliar fields, over blind hills, around blind curves on unfamiliar trails, etc etc etc where traps like that could be waiting. On a marked race course at least you know they have eliminated obvious deathtraps, but wooded areas are chock full of impact zones. You definitely lost your senses with giddyness over that new ride. Glad you weren't hurt, this could have been a very bad incident.

IM NOT SUPRISED!!!! I knew when we sold it to red and his brother that if anyone could put these cats to a test it was these two!!!! Them two dont buy shit to show it off they buy it to push every limit they can. i will say this they aint scared to go wide open where most would let off. they both are pretty damn good driver's imo but they both are EFFFFFFFIIIINN CRAZY!!!!!!! lol or maybe im still bitter about his brother josh trying to kill me!!!!!lmao

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
IM NOT SUPRISED!!!! I knew when we sold it to red and his brother that if anyone could put these cats to a test it was these two!!!! Them two dont buy shit to show it off they buy it to push every limit they can. i will say this they aint scared to go wide open where most would let off. they both are pretty damn good driver's imo but they both are EFFFFFFFIIIINN CRAZY!!!!!!! lol or maybe im still bitter about his brother josh trying to kill me!!!!!lmao
LOL thats right I forgot that they crashed with you during the demo day!

These guys are the Crash Bandicoot brothers huh?

:p

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
they are kinda like my boy james " bubba" stewart they drive so far on the edge that its gonna happen its only a matter of time!!lmao
LOL I understand totally, I can't really talk I am the same way, in my group I am the only one that ever wipes out but of course I am the only one that tries things that may end up in wiping out.

:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts