Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After our terrible weather in alberta last summer, and then hitting a black bear doing 50mph in july and writing the sport off im finally getting some miles on. Bought it back from insurance in the fall, fixed it over winter and the riding is starting to get good

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
doesn't look like you had your camera on zoom when taking the pic of the grizzlies...a little too close for me...haaaa...

Reactions: tmo1620

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Dang, Alberta has some fast black bears ("hitting a black bear doing 50mph")!

Like Dean, I would want a little more distance between myself and those grizzlies. Or at least someone nearby that I could easily outrun.

Reactions: J Paul and DeanTeck

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
yup, don't need to be the fastest...just not the slowest...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doesn't look like you had your camera on zoom when taking the pic of the grizzlies...a little too close for me...haaaa...
Nothing out of the ordinary where im from, you get used to it, we sometimes see 10 bears a day, grizzlies are not as frequent but still semi regular

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Like Dean, I would want a little more distance between myself and those grizzlies. Or at least someone nearby that I could easily outrun.
Lol, ya came sliding around a corner on an old road logging road with the foot into it and the black bear come out of the bush on my passenger side also at a full run and ran right into the front tire. Sure sent us for a ride, its like hitting a rock that can run lol. Almost saved the bike from toppling over after we went into a skid but it ended up on its side. Insurance took forever to decide what they wanted to do, in the end they wrote it off for $1200 damage. So i bought it back and fixed it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

And bears are quite fast, not 50 lol but they hit mid 30's very easily, sometimes more when threatened, especially grizzlies

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Awesome, bears don't move much when you hit them, hope all is OK now

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, bears don't move much when you hit them, hope all is OK now
Oh ya all is good, the two of us flipped the bike back onto its wheels after and rode another 40 miles that day, fixed it and its still like new

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good for you nice to always get out n get going seeing bears is about like seeing deer around here
Ya we have an abundance of wildlife around here, can see deer, moose, elk, bears of all sorts, wolves, foxes coyotes, cougars, lynx or bobcat etc all within a couple mins of home. Have a family of mule deer that eat my grass on the daily lol

·
Premium Member
7,693 Posts
beautiful pics!...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts