Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Administrator
27,565 Posts
Welcome novaman64, congrats! Love white plastic. Hopefully you'll be looking into harnesses.

·
Premium Member
7,512 Posts
welcome to the forum novaman64...clean lookin' machine...have fun and be safe out there...heed hollywood's advice as ca ca happens...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I also removed a bunch of the graphics on my gray one. Too flashy for me... Heading to Moab in 10 days to see how this machine does.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Went out for a break in and shake down. Did 50 miles, put about 4 heat cycles on it.

Was in a sea of RZR's. But did good, until the end when the speed sensor took a crap, speedo would go from zero to 75 and cause the governor to kick in, kept freaking out and throwing a P0500 error, gonna have to bring it in for warranty.

5pt harnesses, roof (need to figure out which one) are very first on the list. Then radios, ipad (lead nav), fire extinguishers.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats on the new machine. Hoping to pick one up this week.

·
Registered
600 Posts
What's the easiest way to remove the stickers from the plastics? Heat gun?

·
Premium Member
7,512 Posts
What's the easiest way to remove the stickers from the plastics? Heat gun?
wife's hair blower does the trick for me...start at a corner, after initial heating of that area and then slowly pull while keeping the heat going...

·
Registered
872 Posts
They pulled right off mine without heat...But then I'm not in the frozen tundra like Dean...LOL.

Congrats on the new ride Novaman.

I know your intentions to race in a stock class with it...keep us posted on the build and first race.
Sucks about the ECU problem...doesn't sound too difficult to fix though. Get all the gremlins done now..then walk away from those stock XP's.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just an FYI I was told that Score is getting rid of the Sportsman UTV class, and replacing it with a Pro “Stock Production” class. The goal is to reduce costs substantially, and to really show the performance of these stock machines.

Wyane Matlock who is a Baja Legend and multiple Score Champion on quads & UTV’s, was/is advising Score on this class. Wyane is currently a Facotry RZR driver in the Turbo Production class. Thing about it, is there is not as much “Production” left in the class.

This new class will allow for items like factory fuel tanks, factory suspension, working doors with secondary latches. From what it sounds like only Safety items like cages, seatbelts, window nets etc.. would be required.

I think this class would be s great class for the WildcatXX to shine in.

·
Registered
872 Posts
RALLY SPORTSMANUTV
The
RallySportsmanUTV can only race at 3of the BITD races.Parker 250,UTV World Championships, and Laughlin Desert Classic. The Rally Sportsman class is designed for racers to participate in BITDwithout building a full race UTV. NOTE:This is not a separate Sportsman class.The Rally Sportsman UTV class vehicles are built using production Turbo or NA UTV’s, manufactured by registered companies, i.e. Polaris, Can-Am, Artic Cat,Yamaha,that issuesVin #’s.Companies must produce a minimum number of 1000 units of that exact model and configuration prior to being allowed to participate in this class, at any Best In the Desert Sanctioned Event.Please call Cory Sappington 602-769-6164 with questions.This class is a stock production class and all components must remain stock except for those modifications permitted herein. All stock manufacturer delivered components on the vehicle must be retained unless specifically allowed to be removed and documented herein.Manufacturer’s body, engine, transmission, drive train, chassis combination and seat configuration mustbe retained.6 Point Aftermarket Roll-Cage. (No stock roll cages allowed)Polaris RS1 exemptAftermarket suspension allowed but must utilize factory pivot points.Maximum tire size is 32x10.5x15. Tire must have manufacture size on tire and say 32”. No multiple tires per corner permittedFront and rear bumpers are requiredSide Panels / Doors Required (Doorsmust be secured to prevent from popping open)Window Nets Requiredand Roof Panel RequiredOne 2.5lb Fire Extinguisher Mounted On UTV w/ Quick Release.5-Point Seat Belts Required 2” or 3” Wide Belts OK, 3” PreferredOnePiece Fire-Suit Required SFI.A5

Helmet w/ DOT or Snell Decal. Eye Protection Must Be Shatter Resistant.Gloves and Neck Brace Are Required. Numbers On Both Sides Of Vehicle. Minimum 8” Tall Numbers, Yellow Background w/ Black Numbers (Refer To BITD Entry Form For # Assignment) Background w/ Black Numbers (Refer To BITD Entry Form For # Assignment)Two 10lbs or one 20lbs Fire Extinguisher In Your Pit. Must Be Near Vehicle During Fueling.Fuel Mat Required when fueling at a Pit Stop.OEM stock fuel tanks or fuel cells are allowed.KC HiLitesspec blue strobe light Rear facing, is required and must be wired to the key switch. This light must be mounted as high up on the cage as possible. You must purchase this light directly from KC HiLites. Call 928-635-2607 to buy this light

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Get the oil filter changed as soon as possible. Don't wait until the end of the break in. It is probably already clogged with assembly lube and bypassing. Someone on here cut theirs open and found it full of goo. I did the same to mine after the first couple hours and it looked like this....

IMG_20190124_203752148.jpg

·
Registered
600 Posts
wife's hair blower does the trick for me...start at a corner, after initial heating of that area and then slowly pull while keeping the heat going...
Thanks DeanTeck!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Get the oil filter changed as soon as possible. Don't wait until the end of the break in. It is probably already clogged with assembly lube and bypassing. Someone on here cut theirs open and found it full of goo. I did the same to mine after the first couple hours and it looked like this....

View attachment 240929
Mine is still on my bench waiting to get cut open.
Interesting though- mine was a larger WIX from the factory.

I did mine at 100 miles. I will do it again at 500.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

View attachment 240929
Good info, ill swap it and check. You stay with OEM or go to something bigger/aftermarket?

1 - 20 of 131 Posts