Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any guess on what add-a-can will be available first? What are the top performers on the XP? I'd buy it before taking delivery of the car just to have something I can touch. In weight savings & sound improvement alone, I'd be a customer. Eventually I'll end up with the exhaust from whichever turbo I'll end up with, but I can't wait that long. God, I'm a good consumer. Just doing my part to recess the recession.

·
Official Site Vendor
181 Posts
Wood Racing is already building exhaust for the Wildcat. We will have their exhaust for testing in a couple weeks. I think Yoshimura is getting a Wildcat next week to build exhaust.We have been looking at doing our own. On the XP our slip on muffler works better and sounds better than most full systems.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wood Racing is already building exhaust for the Wildcat. We will have their exhaust for testing in a couple weeks. I think Yoshimura is getting a Wildcat next week to build exhaust.We have been looking at doing our own. On the XP our slip on muffler works better and sounds better than most full systems.
Hmmmmm. Keep talking...

Since I am already a likely customer on your ignition, you've peaked my curiosity on the exhaust. What's your timing going to be?

·
Official Site Vendor
181 Posts
We'll keep you informed with what happens and what WORKS the best!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
S2k1 are you guys seeing good progress with the ECU? The money for this thing just keeps piling up:(
Oh well can't take it with ya bring on the goodies!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Man that looks loud. I have a Ron Woods on my LTR and it's horrible obnoxious loud, but it makes great power at the right point in the RPM, so I love Ron Woods.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Having a 4-stroke race bike sitting in the garage, I am certain the world around me can handle a cat with wood. It's all the other neighborhood kitties I'd worry about.

I like the aluminum heat shield idea. Ron Woods is pretty proud of his shit though. That's gonna be pricey I bet. I would hope there will be some good options on the can-only as I am actually a huge fan of the wildcat header. A lot of tuners develop headers just to sell a full system when the stock header is fine. Not saying it's the same for SXS, but it sure as hell is that way for MX bikes. Some factory offerings have titanium headers and people go and replace them with stainless aftermarket units just because its advertised as 'bigger' and comes as a complete 'system'. Complete waste is more like it.

So, on a scale of 1-10, where do the Woods components rank in the SXS community? I thought they were known mostly for flat track & vintage bikes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The factory header is more than enough for it. I will be makking a two into one collector and putting on a 18" supertrapp. The factory can is really choked down. One header pipe is as big as the final outlet on the muffler.

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
I do have to agree about liking the stock headers, they look awesome, ceramic coated and whatnot which is why my brother and I were talking slip ons. I bet there are plenty of slips from street bike V twins that you could try.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i think most duals on sxs are just for show and sound. a good single or slip on is as good or better than most of the duals. ill still wait and see what muzzy does because i love the way there's sound. nice deep rumble.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That exhaust on the xp was the best sounding exhaust I've heard,I would wait to see what Chris does for the wildcat

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Having a 4-stroke race bike sitting in the garage, I am certain the world around me can handle a cat with wood. It's all the other neighborhood kitties I'd worry about.

I like the aluminum heat shield idea. Ron Woods is pretty proud of his shit though. That's gonna be pricey I bet. I would hope there will be some good options on the can-only as I am actually a huge fan of the wildcat header. A lot of tuners develop headers just to sell a full system when the stock header is fine. Not saying it's the same for SXS, but it sure as hell is that way for MX bikes. Some factory offerings have titanium headers and people go and replace them with stainless aftermarket units just because its advertised as 'bigger' and comes as a complete 'system'. Complete waste is more like it.

So, on a scale of 1-10, where do the Woods components rank in the SXS community? I thought they were known mostly for flat track & vintage bikes.
Did you really just say cat with wood?!?!? Wont it drag on the ground and slow you down??

·
Registered
15 Posts

It appears to be almost in line with most other dual exhausts at an MSRP of $895. I think I paid about $800 for the Barkers on my old Raptor 700.

As seen here: More Power for the New Year | Today's Cycle Coverage -- Racing Results every day!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts