Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a test drive yesterday, it was cold and snowing. Schumaker Performance in Greenwood, IN had just gotten it in and let me take it for a test drive.

First - great people, great place -they will be getting my business.


From what I read the demo machines were detuned and lacked power (I was unable to attend the one demo ride within 6 hours drive). The production demo unit I drove did not lack power at all (I had a 08' RZR, now 09" RZRs and the majority of the group I ride with have XPs). The test course per say did not have mountains but had plenty of whoops, the grass was slick since there was less than an inch of snow, but the Wildcat hauled but in 4H and 2H. Each trip around I went faster over some pretty decent dpressions / whoops / jumps and the suspension took it no problem.

I have to say the seats are very comfortable, ride height is definitely lower (I like that), but I wish the seat had been moved back a little (I am sure there is an adjustment). Couple things: Floor board will not drain very fast if at all will those really small drain holes on river crossings (I would drill them wider), the bed is at an angle not flat like a rzr so everything in your cooler will be leaning towards the front and AC or somebody needs to mave some removeable canvas door space fillers. Overall impression this machine is a winner, I would love to see a green one in persone before purchasing.


I would like to see how it handles with Bighorns, the fenderflare extensions, roof, windshield, bumpers and the shocks dialed in.

How would you go about installing a lift kit to get another 1-2" of clearance without affecting ride quality or causing CV bind? The XP lift kits lift downward.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
thanks man i cant wait anymore im in canada and already paid my wc im just fuck... Waiting till december . He promise me the floor unit :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,100 Posts
How would you go about installing a lift kit to get another 1-2" of clearance without affecting ride quality or causing CV bind? The XP lift kits lift downward.
I doubt you are going to be able to do a lift and keep the ride 100% intact. Most guys who lifted their rides liked it because the went from stock suspension to a lift that added at least aftermarket shocks. The Wildcat already has as much ground clearance as anything out there. And if you are gonna lift it, make it worth while and go at least 4". 1-2" just seems like a waste to me. But overall I think any lift will hurt the suspension more than help it on the Wildcat. That being said, it already has the best suspension, so maybe it would still be better than all the rest even lifted.............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
986 Posts
I'm sure you could get 2" with shock preload, but I'm missing why you would buy this machine and lift it 4"? The whole idea is low, fully sagged out suspension for low CG and less roll characteristic. I guess everyone has their thing though, they aren't just desert rats like me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
30" tires will lift it 2"
I would put 27" Bighorns but if you get too much bigger you will sap the power. Need the GC but not too much GC (13"-14") same terrain Foxfire rides I could get away with the GC the Wildcat comes with if a lift kit would affect the ride quality that much (just means I need the skid plates / trailing arm skids sooner is all)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
945 Posts
I don't know, Bad......seems to me that we will be about 95% ok with the GC that the WC already gives us. Seems to me that the other 5% will need to be covered by the skid plate....I sure wouldn't want to go any bigger that 27" tires myself. Maybe adjusting the load on the springs/shocks will help the GC a little.....all I know for sure is it will start off with more GC than any of the stock machines that we ride with. Just my 2 cents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Nice write up thank you for that.Yes I have a job I also have a droid with unlimited net lol. Posting from work not an issue!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,173 Posts
So Sounds like we Get A Bath When Playing In Water :bad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
I don't know, Bad......seems to me that we will be about 95% ok with the GC that the WC already gives us. Seems to me that the other 5% will need to be covered by the skid plate....I sure wouldn't want to go any bigger that 27" tires myself. Maybe adjusting the load on the springs/shocks will help the GC a little.....all I know for sure is it will start off with more GC than any of the stock machines that we ride with. Just my 2 cents.
Foxfire, You ride Coal Creek and Middle TN right? For those that have not ridden there, it is a technical riders dream. I can't see the GC being an issue. My AC 500m had 12" with 25" tires. I put 26 DT's on it and have ridden all over that place with very little issue. I do have full Ricochet skids and have bumped them a time our two but not much and we ride the Northside mostly. The son is having the skids installed before he picks his up but we plan to break it in at CC.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,033 Posts
I took a test drive yesterday, it was cold and snowing. Schumaker Performance in Greenwood, IN had just gotten it in and let me take it for a test drive.

First - great people, great place -they will be getting my business.


From what I read the demo machines were detuned and lacked power (I was unable to attend the one demo ride within 6 hours drive). The production demo unit I drove did not lack power at all (I had a 08' RZR, now 09" RZRs and the majority of the group I ride with have XPs). The test course per say did not have mountains but had plenty of whoops, the grass was slick since there was less than an inch of snow, but the Wildcat hauled but in 4H and 2H. Each trip around I went faster over some pretty decent dpressions / whoops / jumps and the suspension took it no problem.

I have to say the seats are very comfortable, ride height is definitely lower (I like that), but I wish the seat had been moved back a little (I am sure there is an adjustment). Couple things: Floor board will not drain very fast if at all will those really small drain holes on river crossings (I would drill them wider), the bed is at an angle not flat like a rzr so everything in your cooler will be leaning towards the front and AC or somebody needs to mave some removeable canvas door space fillers. Overall impression this machine is a winner, I would love to see a green one in persone before purchasing.


I would like to see how it handles with Bighorns, the fenderflare extensions, roof, windshield, bumpers and the shocks dialed in.

How would you go about installing a lift kit to get another 1-2" of clearance without affecting ride quality or causing CV bind? The XP lift kits lift downward.
Thanks brother. Worth the read for sure.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top