Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 50 miles on new Growlers Saturday, a mix of hard pack trails, loose gravel washes, crawling and hill climbing. This was my third ride total, first two rides were with stock tires. Started at 14 psi (max recommended). Terrible traction overall with hard to control sliding and drifting at 30+ mph on trails and washes. Aired down to 10 psi was much better on hard trails - still some drifting - then at 7 psi was almost perfect for the gravel washes and the little bit of crawling I did. I need more seat time with these tires to dial them in for different conditions. Need A - arm guards for sure. Overall very happy with Wildcat and Growlers. Here's where I screwed up - I let my Dear Wife drive it for the first time, and now I may never get any more seat time!!! Don't make the same mistake!:(.MikeA62

Reactions: Full Of Mud

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I still can't find a better overall traction tire than the Growlers, and yes they work best at 8 psi and lower I have never run them less than 5 psi though. What sizes are you running?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Growler size

I still can't find a better overall traction tire than the Growlers, and yes they work best at 8 psi and lower I have never run them less than 5 psi though. What sizes are you running?
Front: 26.5x9x14Rear: 26.5x11x14Looking forward to testing them in all conditions.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nelson ride

Glad you guys had fun Mike! What did you think of Nelson hills?
Great ride! I'd like to go back on my own or with a small group just to explore. Our group was a little too big to do that.

·
Registered
156 Posts
made that mistake on saturday.......the wife loves driving the cat.....im surprised as i really tried too scare the sh1t out of her when i was driving.......such a nice ride ,she didnt even scream...........

·
Registered
146 Posts
I made the mistake of letting my husband dri...oh wait....there are mostly men here... :cool:

We took ours out this last weekend! What a blast!!

Reactions: socaldmax

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Lol you didn't make a mistake Rf4, you did what felt natural/ducks!

Glad you had fun hehe.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Actually I drove most of the weekend, we had our son's gf with us and she is new at riding, so she rode with me most of the trip and hubby rode his quad. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts