Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
New member and first time sxs owner. My wife and I picked up a very nice 2014 wildcat 1000x.

It has a fair amount of upgrades but I'm confident there's more to buy....

We live in South West Utah and always ready for a ride.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and remember to have fun with your machine.

·
Administrator
27,613 Posts
Welcome Firesnoop. Hopefully, some of the up grades are harnesses. If not I recommend harnesses and a harness bar for your car.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Welcome to the forum & enjoy that X. We did a couple of rides from Sand Hollow and will definitely be back. SW Utah has some gorgeous scenery.

If you plan to do your own maintenance, be advised that the X (and maybe all UTVs?) vibrate enough to loosen every nut, bolt or screw on the machine that isn't "locked" in some way. Arctic Cat used locknuts just about everywhere there is a nut, but if the screw or bolt goes into a blind hole, use Loctite (or an equivalent thread locking fluid). And if you plan to do your own oil changes, tighten the filter much harder than you would on a street car. As recommended by several people here, I've switched to the K&N 621, which comes with a nut on the end of the cartridge. The nut isn't needed to tighten the filter, but it sure makes taking it off a lot easier. I had to drive a screwdriver through the filter a couple of times before switching.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts