Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...just got back from Glamis I was there since Thursday night and we rode the hell out of our two Wildcat's!!! They are by far the most phenomenal SxS out there. Everyone I was with drove it and was amazed...they are all polaris owners. Now to the flipping part....

First ride friday morning we were out in the dunes running hard and I launched off the top of a small dune and "lawn Darted" into the bottom of it and came to rest on my roof from about 40-50 mph. all said and done I am glad I have that bulletproof cage that they have on there and it "WORKS"!!!!! My wife and I were in the cat together when we hit and were hanging by our UTV INC harnesses and came out unscathed. All we have is some cuts/bruises and a little whip lash but the cat is almost perfectly fine. No damage except two busted lighted whips, two broken UTV INC Whip holders, and a small bow in the roll cage. I am blown away by how well this machine held up.

We continued to ride the rest of the weekend without letting up and this cat just sang through the dunes all weekend!!! It completely outran every other SxS we were with and kept up with our 450 bikes and quads without hesitation.

Now here for the fun part otherwise as all of you would say this post is worthless!!! Here's the pictures:

And I had not even had anything to drink yet!

Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior Wheel Vehicle Wheel Tire Auto part Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Wheel Automotive exterior Landscape Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive exterior Windshield Car Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive exterior Windshield Recreation

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Ahhhh, it just gives it a little character. I had a cage on my Prowler that looked very similar from being on it roof! Glad you were both ok. I've never lawn darted before. I will leave it to you professionals. It looks dangerous...............

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Glad you guys are ok and that you didn't take too much damage from that. It would seem the predictions that the Wildcat cage would fold up like a cheap tent if ever rolled were just more internet "noise".

:cool:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thats good to see the cage is pretty tough. Guy on another forum wrecked his xp and it didnt hold up as well.

Got my new XP

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I think the first flip was one of the media guys at the Oregon Dunes test ride. From the reports, that was a hell of a hit and the cage held up just fine for him too. Glad you are ok! Looks like the harnesses were a great first mod!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Im glad everyone is ok. The WC held up pretty good. The Xp pics are of a totaly worse wreck they are not even close. Allthough I do think the WC cage is way better designed and made.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I flip it saturday during my race cause my tierod was bent 2 curve before. Flip it on the air fast after drop on passenger side result piece of plastic between door and rear fender broke but all the rest are like new peeling but new hahaha . Wildcat is amazing and tuff im proud of my cat .

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks like you have the SU Blasters - How did you like them and whagt tires are you using up front? Did both of your cat's have the same tire combo?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts