Wildcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
C5F4FF52-C64F-4C2A-A26B-47D212EA7DCD.jpeg
The shaft pretty much looks like mine do, your secondary is toast. I would
The shaft pretty much looks like mine do, your secondary is toast. I would buy a whole new secondary. Would be worried that something could be out of balance in the secondary causing your problem.
buy a whole new secondary. Would be worried that something could be out of balance in the secondary causing your problem.

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The shaft pretty much looks like mine do, your secondary is toast. I would buy a whole new secondary. Would be worried that something could be out of balance in the secondary causing your problem.
Thanks! The shaft outer sheave splines look pretty worn,and would like to make sure this doesn’t happen gain anytime soon. Still can’t understand why the bolt backed out even with having the Speed lock. Parts list includes
-inner CVT cover
-outer secondary sheave half
-secondary input shaft

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow,yours does look like mine. Your outer sheave half seats on those splines and tightens done fine?

·
Registered
13 Posts
the looks of your shaft I would buy a second dary clutch and a new bolt and use rg clutch lock.
my primary on my xx came loose ended up putting rg outputshaft in and the third clutch on took care of a lot of vibrations and the book says 60lbs torque I put 70on both clutches.
be carefull dont put to much torque on the bolts it can mess up the clutch.
hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
I asked about a detailed manual for the Team clutches and was told there wasn't anything available by CountryCat and by Team Industries. If nothing for the clutches, I doubt there is anything floating around for the transaxle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I asked about a detailed manual for the Team clutches and was told there wasn't anything available by CountryCat and by Team Industries. If nothing for the clutches, I doubt there is anything floating around for the transaxle.
Thanks for the response! The instructions seemed very vague. Made split to the transaxle halves seem very simple,like no special tools needed. Maybe it really is that simple. Thanks again!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
the looks of your shaft I would buy a second dary clutch and a new bolt and use rg clutch lock.
my primary on my xx came loose ended up putting rg outputshaft in and the third clutch on took care of a lot of vibrations and the book says 60lbs torque I put 70on both clutches.
be carefull dont put to much torque on the bolts it can mess up the clutch.
hope this helps
So,would you replace the shaft as well? Since I’ll have the transaxle removed I may also swap in the Speedwerx PTO shaft or RG/Speed UTV if they have one. Thanks for the response!

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Putting retaining compound on the splines gives you pretty much all of the benefit of the Speedwerx PTO shaft. If you can't get a shaft in time, put Loctite 609 or 620 on the PTO splines.

609 went away after about 800 miles for me, 620 typically requires heat to break the bond and should last longer, maybe even indefinitely. The Speedwerx PTO w/ 609 was not any quieter than what my XX was after I applied 609. If you do this, use a surface prep spray for a better bond.

BTW, having the transaxle out doesn't really matter. The PTO is on the engine, so the only things you have to remove are the clutches and the clutch housing, which of course you will have off in order to get the transaxle out. Doing the PTO is very quick and easy, even if the XX is fully assembled.

Reactions: Dunerking

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Putting retaining compound on the splines gives you pretty much all of the benefit of the Speedwerx PTO shaft. If you can't get a shaft in time, put Loctite 609 or 620 on the PTO splines.

609 went away after about 800 miles for me, 620 typically requires heat to break the bond and should last longer, maybe even indefinitely. The Speedwerx PTO w/ 609 was not any quieter than what my XX was after I applied 609. If you do this, use a surface prep spray for a better bond.

BTW, having the transaxle out doesn't really matter. The PTO is on the engine, so the only things you have to remove are the clutches and the clutch housing, which of course you will have off in order to get the transaxle out. Doing the PTO is very quick and easy, even if the XX is fully assembled.
Great info,thank you! Do you feel that the transaxle should be removed to swap out the secondary input shaft? I was only considering the Speedwerx PTO shaft replacement as I was already going to be deep into with all of my secondary clutch work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
if you already your shaft doesn't really look that bad if you don't have the transaxle out I would just put a clutch on it you may not be able to find that shaft parts are kind of hard to come by

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Does anyone know what specialty tools I’ll need while taking on this project? For the 3 parts and new belt the best price total was at Countrycat.com...I also looked at Partszilla,and Babbitt’s(ArticCatpartshouse.com). If anyone has any other places it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for all of the help. I’m hoping I can get it back together for a New Years trip,but it might be ambitious.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone know what specialty tools I’ll need while taking on this project? For the 3 parts and new belt the best price total was at Countrycat.com...I also looked at Partszilla,and Babbitt’s(ArticCatpartshouse.com). If anyone has any other places it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for all of the help. I’m hoping I can get it back together for a New Years trip,but it might be ambitious.
Rocky mountain atv in payson ut

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Great info,thank you! Do you feel that the transaxle should be removed to swap out the secondary input shaft? I was only considering the Speedwerx PTO shaft replacement as I was already going to be deep into with all of my secondary clutch work.
My thoughts are that the Speedwerx PTO is optional at this point. Pulling the clutches and the clutch cover isn't a big deal. If the Speedwerx shaft fits into your budget, go for it. Otherwise, try Loctite 620 and let us know how long it lasts.

I think you have to open up (split) the transaxle to replace the shaft. If you do it will have to be out of the chassis. I've heard so much talk about cheap Chinese bearings, I would open the transaxle up, and if it looks like something you can handle, take the cheap bearings down to a good bearing supplier and buy whatever name brand they can get. This has been done a few times by owners with good mechanical ability, but no one has published the bearing part numbers. If you do this, it would be a great service to all of the rest of us so we can have the bearings on hand instead of being torn down while we wait for parts.

PS - I love countrycat. They ship fast, they don't gouge on shipping costs, etc. I just wish they would become a site sponsor so we could link to their stuff. MLS prices are often better, but I placed one order with them and the experience sucked. I went back to countrycat and will stay there.

Reactions: Dunerking

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Dang, I didn't know your problem was contagious! My XX developed a vibration during the last couple of miles of our ride today. I gassed it up for our Saturday ride and the belt blew on the way back, when I was going to pop the clutch cover to start investigating the vibration. Secondary bolt is missing, inner clutch cover is broken, belt is broken and the splines look pretty much like the picture posted above. The belt flailed around and broke a line or tore a hose. I was initially thinking an oil line to the external sump got taken out, but the fluid is greenish and the coolant level dropped a fair amount, so I'm thinking when the inner clutch housing broke, it took out a coolant hose. I'll put "work clothes" on tomorrow morning and figure it out.

That extended warranty I bought is looking good right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What's going on you guy's are loosing secondary clutch and I am loosing the primary clutch could the motor mounts or the trans axle mounts be getting weak

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Dang, I didn't know your problem was contagious! My XX developed a vibration during the last couple of miles of our ride today. I gassed it up for our Saturday ride and the belt blew on the way back, when I was going to pop the clutch cover to start investigating the vibration. Secondary bolt is missing, inner clutch cover is broken, belt is broken and the splines look pretty much like the picture posted above. The belt flailed around and broke a line or tore a hose. I was initially thinking an oil line to the external sump got taken out, but the fluid is greenish and the coolant level dropped a fair amount, so I'm thinking when the inner clutch housing broke, it took out a coolant hose. I'll put "work clothes" on tomorrow morning and figure it out.

That extended warranty I bought is looking good right now.
Ahhhh man this breaks my heart to hear. I’m sorry for the bad JuJu,it wasn’t suppose to spread...lol. At this point I’m envious of your extended warranty and hope they get you back on the trails ASAP!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
My thoughts are that the Speedwerx PTO is optional at this point. Pulling the clutches and the clutch cover isn't a big deal. If the Speedwerx shaft fits into your budget, go for it. Otherwise, try Loctite 620 and let us know how long it lasts.

I think you have to open up (split) the transaxle to replace the shaft. If you do it will have to be out of the chassis. I've heard so much talk about cheap Chinese bearings, I would open the transaxle up, and if it looks like something you can handle, take the cheap bearings down to a good bearing supplier and buy whatever name brand they can get. This has been done a few times by owners with good mechanical ability, but no one has published the bearing part numbers. If you do this, it would be a great service to all of the rest of us so we can have the bearings on hand instead of being torn down while we wait for parts.

PS - I love countrycat. They ship fast, they don't gouge on shipping costs, etc. I just wish they would become a site sponsor so we could link to their stuff. MLS prices are often better, but I placed one order with them and the experience sucked. I went back to countrycat and will stay there.
I’m pretty sure I’ll be ordering with CountryCat as I’m positive they had all the parts available. I’m hoping to be able to dive into the car this weekend and with any luck get the transaxle removed.
I like your suggestion about upgrading the bearings,it makes since being that deep into it. I will post up the cross reference bearing numbers if I do.
I think I’ll do the Speedwerx PTO shaft since I’m this deep. I may also just splurge and do the Speed water pump kit as well. I want this thing as trouble free and enjoyable as possible.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
What's going on you guy's are loosing secondary clutch and I am loosing the primary clutch could the motor mounts or the trans axle mounts be getting weak
I was considering getting the 775Fab motor/trans mount kit as well. Looks like a well built/designed parts. Does anyone have any feedback on them?

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Dunerking, I would suggest that you at least research an electric water pump before buying one of the incredibly expensive impellers. There are several threads - search for Davies Craig or EWP. Lots of advantages to using an EWP, which is why they started showing up on premium car brands over a decade ago.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts