Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
welcome to the forum...nice lookin' ride...make sure all the recalls were done on it...if you have a dealer call him with your vin # to see if all/any of the recalls were completed...use the search feature to check on the recalls as well as the stickies under wildcat trail...be safe out there...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cooling fans have been installed so i think it’s had some recall work done. I may have to contact Arctic cat to check. No dealers here in Connecticut, closet is New Hampshire except maybe bass pro shops / Cabela’s.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Suspension bushings wear out very quickly, clutch sticking is the other big problem, sand the towers if any hint of it sticking (as in the gear shifter becoming hard to manipulate.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
being of advanced age and having c.r.s. here are a couple of recalls i vaguely remember...oil line clamps, heat shield on header, both rear firewall panels being replaced with new molding configurations...not a recall but you might want to modify the rear bed spark plug access panel to eliminate the engine heat...anyone with a sounder mind please correct or add-on to the above...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Nice ride. Looks pretty clean. Also appears the springs have also been upgraded (Bandits?). As others have said, check to see if all the recalls have been done.

As for things to check, bushings (as mentioned above), belt condition, spark plugs, air filter, all fluids. Pretty much the basics. I would change all of them now to get a good starting point. I would also check the bearings while inspecting the bushings. Check that the hose for the gas tank filler neck is completely seated and the hose clamp was installed correctly. One of mine was not. Could also check the motor mounts while you're at it.

You can download the service manual from the Country Cat website. This is a good starting point.

Reactions: LawdogMT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I contacted arctic cat, all the recalls have been taken care of. I plan on doing a full service this week so she’s ready to ride this weekend. This was his wife’s rig so I doubt it was rode to hard. The previous owner ( an airplane mechanic) claimed to have done A service before listing, but I’d rather be sure it was done right. I’m not sure what the springs are, it does have the fox shocks but it has a 2-3 lift kit installed, To help combat the cab heat I ordered a hmf pipe and I’m going to ceramic coat the header seeing as i do chrome and powder Coating. I also have a set of pro armor harness’s and a dragon fire bar on the way. It blows my mind that harness’s are not standard on all UTVs

·
Registered
698 Posts
I contacted arctic cat, all the recalls have been taken care of. I plan on doing a full service this week so she’s ready to ride this weekend. This was his wife’s rig so I doubt it was rode to hard. The previous owner ( an airplane mechanic) claimed to have done A service before listing, but I’d rather be sure it was done right. I’m not sure what the springs are, it does have the fox shocks but it has a 2-3 lift kit installed, To help combat the cab heat I ordered a hmf pipe and I’m going to ceramic coat the header seeing as i do chrome and powder Coating. I also have a set of pro armor harness’s and a dragon fire bar on the way. It blows my mind that harness’s are not standard on all UTVs
If they're Bandit springs they should have "Bandit" and the weight printed somewhere towards the middle. It can be hard to see when you're looking for it though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone seems to be out of stock on them. I got it thru vivid racing, never ordered from them before so not sure how smoothly it will go.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome.
Congrats.
like already said, bushings.
If you are doing the harness you'll need the seatbelt override plug. The link to it is somewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was planning on totally removing the factory shoulder belts and just soldiering the wires together. Will that work? or is there a resistor in the belt?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome.
Congrats.
like already said, bushings.
If you are doing the harness you'll need the seatbelt override plug. The link to it is somewhere on the forum.
What is this seat belt override for? I rarely wear a seat belt snd notice nothing different, what does it overide?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I was planning on totally removing the factory shoulder belts and just soldiering the wires together. Will that work? or is there a resistor in the belt?
Yes that will work or just put a couple ends on a 3-4" piece of wire & loop the lead to the seat.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
What is this seat belt override for? I rarely wear a seat belt snd notice nothing different, what does it overide?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
It's a RPM limiter if seatbelt not plugged together.
I don't know what yr they started that but my 2018 has it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I haven’t checked yet but I don’t think mine has the seat belt limiter being a 2014. I believe 2017 was the first year for it. The earlier ones just get a reminder on dash during the first 5 minutes of turning on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts