Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Is there a cure for my windshield fogging on the inside when riding through puddles? Looking for helpful ideas or if it’s even possible. Also my rear sway bar is very noisy. 2020 xx 700 miles. I have ridden less than 100 miles since purchase so I have lots to learn. Thanks for input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Boondogger, weather was cool in the 50’ clear skies. I talked with the dealer and they said they would be more than happy to check it out but they also said they haven’t heard of this problem. Thank you

·
Registered
2021 Wildcat XX
20 Posts
Hello all, Is there a cure for my windshield fogging on the inside when riding through puddles? Looking for helpful ideas or if it’s even possible. Also my rear sway bar is very noisy. 2020 xx 700 miles. I have ridden less than 100 miles since purchase so I have lots to learn. Thanks for input.
The fogging windshield is a real pain in the butt. I know what you are talking about - I have to go slow through water or my whole windshield is fogged instantly - if water too deep or you go a little too fast, that will do it no matter what. Cooler outside temps its better, but most of summer, its brutal. My windshield has the small vents near the top, but I need something down near the bottom. Someone said to put in a different windshield, a flip up one or one with a lot of venting along the dash. Also was told to insulate the front inside cab (because its an oven to begin with) and that might help with the fogging. I've not done either yet, just keep riding and complaining. Ugh

·
Registered
123 Posts
We ride with a half windsheild only. I drilles holes about 1/2" in size along the bottom, that was for air flow to help blow the dust out of cab. We also ride with it up about 1-1/2" off the dash for air flow too. Water isn't our issue here, there are puddles but we do them slow! Northern Wisconsin

·
Registered
30 Posts
2018 XX bought new Junw-2018 400 hours. I have a Tusk flip up windshield and ride with it up because I like the wind in my face. I live in southern NM and it can be hot and extremely dusty. I had a severely hot cab on the driver's side in the summer temps which along with a closed windshield, caused a low pressure area behind it. It was a dust vacuum and you could see the dust coming in from the sides and even the from the rear. Raising the windshield solves the dust sucking problem. The heat on the driver's side was coming from behind the instrument panel and the drive line tunnel my right leg tends to lay against which got so hot that while riding in shorts almost felt like it was burning me. The solutions to the hot cab on the driver's side was to cut out a large 'hole' in the hood and install expanded metal. I can run with it open or covered. Now the area that my right leg touches is barely warm. I also made a kind of bowl behind the instrument panel with foil backed sticky foam (HVAC stuff from Home Depot) to block off the hot air coming into the cab around the panel. No more hot cab. I only ride with the windshield closed down if it is cold out or raining. I don't have the fogging problem you have but ventilation is probably the solution. I tried adjusting the windshield so it had about a 1" gap across the bottom to let air in but when it rained the rain ran down the windshield and blew into my face. Also RainX can stop some fogging problems.
Also RainX can stop some fogging problems.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts