Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats The Deal With Ford These looks Like Spam To Me
At The Top Of Allmost All The Threads:pat:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yep, it was inevitable, shades of the other forum. You think you're selecting a thread and all of a sudden spam under your cursor. I'm sure there's much more advertising on the way - pop ups at page bottoms, ads on the entire right side of forum page etc.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
LOL... well, lets be honest about forums. The site ownership of most any forum maybe enthusiasts as well as the members of whatever a forum's genre is...but there's good money in advertising. Some people make pretty good money just owning forums, some may own 5, 10 20 different forums. Depending on the activity and membership of a site the ad money can be pretty good. There is some expense and time investment to maintain a forum. Some forums are sales tools for business's, I used to spend a lot of time on a motorcycle forum, owned by a large dealer that carried almost all brands of bikes an aftermarket accessories. He had a forum for every brand and sold a lot of parts through the forum. I kind of get a kick out of the "moderation" on some forums, some are moderated for content such as language, nsfw photos etc... some are moderated for "competitor" forums either mentioned or promoted....:rocketwhore:

·
Registered
487 Posts
I belong to a Duramax site and every page you open has a Ford ad on the top of the page. Heard it was the same on the Cummins site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts