Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Originally Posted by 07FJRog
your the first review I have found that says the AC will pull the XP9, everyone else says the opposite.

Suspension advantage is no doubt the Cat, longevity?, we will see if AC actually improved some of their downfalls. i do like the look of it.

All I can say is what we experienced. We were in sand, high alt. and the 900 was not stock it was race modified. The AC out ran the XP. (Why did AC pick the Little Sahara as a demo spot and not 5 mile OHV area is beside me. The sand is not were any of these SxSs perform?)

He says the WC outran the Xp9 and the Xp had mods, demo unit with the pin put in lol? Here is the full link you can read it if ya would like.

·
Registered
945 Posts
10,000 miles on the 1000....that's great to hear.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fox how did I know you would be the first and probably only one to reply lol. I was more fond of the part where he said the WC did fine vs the Xp and that he seemed to have a head on his shoulders. He is really fond of the motor though and that is a great thing to me.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Totally agree with ya Rabbit!!!! But I also really liked the longevity aspect....would rather tear into the engine because I want to.....not because I HAVE to!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Fox how did I know you would be the first and probably only one to reply lol. I was more fond of the part where he said the WC did fine vs the Xp and that he seemed to have a head on his shoulders. He is really fond of the motor though and that is a great thing to me.
I skipped replying last night when I read this so that Fox could be first and only.

:couch:

·
Registered
686 Posts
a few of the first wildcat test units cat built, that actually have twin throttlebodies, and have a wet clutch delete in them, are pure animals. when they are uncorked, they will scream!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a few of the first wildcat test units cat built, that actually have twin throttlebodies, and have a wet clutch delete in them, are pure animals. when they are uncorked, they will scream!
I was wondering if they had pre production models closer to what they first said. I really would like to know wtf they changed their minds, yamaha won their lawsuits, from my pov there is no reason at all. Then again I am a greedy off roader who wants everything shrug.:censored:

·
Registered
39 Posts
from what ive read its very easy to put the twins on and Adam will get the wet clutch deletes out. they will scream. besides STOCK SUCKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
i already have 2 OEM throttlebodies. just waiting on a unit so i can fab up the intake plenum. whoever is the closest to me that gets one and wanna go faaaassstt just lemme know i am just itching to make one of these things roll out

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Live in Az by chance lol?

Oh and if you aint first your last! :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol there is a party in my hole.........that came out completly wrong

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is a set of dual TB's for sale on prowler talk . net

I bought the motor used with the setup took out the 650H1 motor and put in the 1000.
Ran it for a while with the power commander V and dual channel auto-tune.

Ran really hard on the top end. Selling the machine and traded for a stock setup to quiet it down.

Now the guy wants to get rid of his thundercat for a 700hdx prowler and wants to trade.

Too new been lurking without posting so I can't post pic's or links.:couch:

I have the same user name over there and lot's of build photo's in my album. Some show the dual's:burnout:

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
So, what kind of jacked up irony would it be to see A/C release the dual T/B's in their performance catalog? During R&D they realize costs are getting up there, so they take the duals off and cut the fuel management system costs in half, only to offer them up as big buck option; ignition and all. To keep the WC price point competitive with XP9 they cut back & save, only to turn the whole idea into a cash cow? Brilliant move - which means there's no way in hell this is their line of thinking...or is it?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Guess we'll have to wait and see.....but sure sounds like a sound idea.

·
Registered
986 Posts
So, what kind of jacked up irony would it be to see A/C release the dual T/B's in their performance catalog? During R&D they realize costs are getting up there, so they take the duals off and cut the fuel management system costs in half, only to offer them up as big buck option; ignition and all. To keep the WC price point competitive with XP9 they cut back & save, only to turn the whole idea into a cash cow? Brilliant move - which means there's no way in hell this is their line of thinking...or is it?
You should apply for a marketing job there, they could use the help;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts