1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The names have been removed to protect the guilty. LOL

December 22, 2011

TO: Wildcat Dealers

Without a doubt, the Wildcat project is one of the most exciting, anticipated and potentially impactful launch
Arctic Cat has ever had for all of us!

First of all, the demo tour was a huge success; we had just over 1000 demo rides in the West. The program
certainly, brought the Wildcat to the attention of many consumers and provided very positive experiences based
on the surveys collected. We have plans to be in Moab, May 16 19th for the Rally on the Rocks, more to come
on that later!

We are working on accessories to expand our initial offering. Numerous aftermarket companies are also
working on providing you with added accessories. From sand tires and wheels, to sound systems, to
performance and everything in between.

When we presented our plan to you, we were comfortable that we would build 75 units in November and
another 150 units in December. As we conducted the demo tour, we found several ways in which we could
enhance the Wildcat. Due to those enhancements, we are now building all 225 which will be shipped, 1 per
dealer, to those who ordered more than 10 units. Anytime improvements are made to product it will slow
production plans, the cost to all of us for wanting the best possible product we can provide to the end user. In
the end, I know each of you want the product delivered to you as consumer ready as possible, so that we all can
meet the high standards or our end users.

We have units on trucks being shipped as you read this and will be building and shipping next week.

I thank you for your patience and understanding as to where we are at with the Wildcat today.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Man, scared me when I started reading making me think it was bad news, but it sounds like good news in production changes/fixes (hopefully) and they are on time also. Thanks Copper for sharing!!

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
my dealer said according to AC mine was scheduled to ship the end of Jan. I think it had a order # that they could track my machine

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Copper just remember no matter what you read in the next few minutes I lub you man lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
We got an email that was word for word the same as the one above this afternoon from our regional rep confirming that the wildcats are on trucks!!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
sounds like i get to wait till feb. still, as my dealer only ordered 4

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
so, its on trucks, what can ANYONE say about the changes? i am peeved they wont tell us more about the changes if any. please explain the market strategy to this poor okie, while i sit in the corner and pout.

·
Registered
986 Posts
so, its on trucks, what can ANYONE say about the changes? i am peeved they wont tell us more about the changes if any. please explain the market strategy to this poor okie, while i sit in the corner and pout.
Roll up to Muskogee and see donkey at rt&t, sweet talk and he might let you drive it. I'm going as soon as it shows up.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I talked to my dealer this morning... He talked to his AC sales rep yesterday and he said they are NOT on their way yet. So who knows.... Like I told him today, I don't wanna buy it until its about time to ride, no since in buying it to sit while I am riding the Sleds.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I posted this here also...............................

This post could be placed in any number of threads, but I'll post it here.....don't kill the messenger.....
Just got off of the phone with my dealer who has fed me this info...take it with how ever many grains of salt you wish....an AC test model....not a demo model, hit 100 mph.....AC cut this back. HP, I was told, is right @ 100....and I was also told, after asking this question specifically, twin throttle bodies.

Dealers "Floor" model is on a truck as we type and yes he has an invoice number. He has 15 unites on order....first come first serve.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
so by the word test model it means otherwise not a production model. yes, i could believe that, its the production models it would love to know more about!! lol and its almost here!!

I posted this here also...............................

This post could be placed in any number of threads, but I'll post it here.....don't kill the messenger.....
Just got off of the phone with my dealer who has fed me this info...take it with how ever many grains of salt you wish....an AC test model....not a demo model, hit 100 mph.....AC cut this back. HP, I was told, is right @ 100....and I was also told, after asking this question specifically, twin throttle bodies.

Dealers "Floor" model is on a truck as we type and yes he has an invoice number. He has 15 unites on order....first come first serve.

·
Registered
986 Posts
so by the word test model it means otherwise not a production model. yes, i could believe that, its the production models it would love to know more about!! lol and its almost here!!
yeah right, just wishful thinking, the fact that it is registered with Cali in their BLM crapbook or w/e for emissions and whatever other BS pile of garbage crap CA has, as 78HP, means it will be 78HP in stock trim. I think we have beat this poor horse to death and back alive, and to death so many times now, we really shouldn't post garbage like this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts