Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is on a new 2020 Tracker XTR 1000 . The car had 125 miles on it by the end of the 1st trip.
2nd trip out I noticed a clunking in the front end . Now my wife drove the car on the 1st tip and did not notice anything. I am guessing because it sounded like that from the start. What I found was during the assembly at the factory they forgot to install the bearing sleeve on the top and bottom Lt side arms . Now the car was bought at a Cabelas 5hrs away. I called the local tracker service center and the next opening was at the end on January. We have a trip planned prior to that. I call the store I bought it from to see what they can do. I also called the Artic cat dealer in town and asked if they could service this machine and the person in service did not even know it existed. Has anyone with an Tracker had warranty work done at a Artic cat dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I don’t know about getting service at a ac dealer but what about just buying the parts and fixing it so you don’t miss out on your vacation. Document everything and see if they can do something for you but at least you don’t miss your trip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes , I’ve already contacted them to see what they can do . worst case I’ll buy the parts I need to get it running and then once we’re done I’ll take it in.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
I was recently in a similar position: my extended warranty would cover ~ $400 in parts plus the labor, but I would have to get into a queue that might last 4 weeks. We are travelling for the winter with the XX, so it was a very easy decision to buy the parts and get the XX back on the trail in less than a week.

That's an easy repair. Buy the sleeve and perhaps bushings, since they probably got beaten out-of-round. Motion Industries sells an Oilite bushing that is 25% longer than OEM (better wearing) and cheaper. Their p/n is 04391640. I used them when I rebuilt the front suspension on our X, and they worked perfectly.

I strongly suspect the OEM bushing is from Oilite - they are completely interchangeable (except for the longer length). All Wildcats use the same p/n for front control arm bushings, so my experience with the X is directly applicable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will see by Monday. Thank you for the heads up on Motion industries. There is a store in my area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoke to the Cabelas service center last Sunday. They put the order in for the parts I needed that were missing and damage. They said they would drop ship to me as it is not feasible for me to bring in and it was a simple enough repair. Everything arrived today. I will get it installed this weekend.
IMG_2145.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
That is a great result!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts