Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 wildcat 1000 and can't get the damn front bumper from Arctic Cat on. I don't know where the mounting point is for the top bracket. Could someone show me a photo of the mounted bumper behind the removed stock fascia? I'm like pulling my hair out but I'm thinking I'm missing something simple. Thanks guys!

·
Administrator
27,786 Posts
I have a 2012 wildcat 1000 and can't get the damn front bumper from Arctic Cat on. I don't know where the mounting point is for the top bracket. Could someone show me a photo of the mounted bumper behind the removed stock fascia? I'm like pulling my hair out but I'm thinking I'm missing something simple. Thanks guys!
Welcome magua647, not sure what you mean by a top bracket. The AC aluminum bumper has 4 mounting points. The top two are just under the lights, and in front of the upper arm. Right on the frame. The bottom two mount directly in front, the mounting holes are all there. Unless you have a different bumper?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
There is a mounting point on the aluminum bumper (not sure if it was 2012 or 2013)that I ran across when I bought on used that was missing a piece. There is a bracket that goes across the machine that links the 2 mounting points he is referring to. I found a picture of if when I was trying to find out what I was doing wrong when trying to mount q 2012 bumper on my 2013. If I can find that pic again, I will post it.

·
Administrator
27,786 Posts
Sorry, I didn't know. I have a 2013, so it might be different, I thought it was the same. I just have the 4 mounting points, no bracket that I can see, but I looked quick. Looks like a direct mount.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
t400_575f8bde225ab5008cbc271ad233f3af.jpg In this picture (2013 Bumper) you can see the black bracket that the top mounting points connect to. I am not sure what that bracket connect to because after this failed I went with another bumper. Whatever that black piece is, it did not come with the one I bought used.

2014-04-20_20-34-12.jpg The 2012 version seems to have a few more parts. I am not sure what the change was, I thought the frame stayed the same from 12-13.

·
Administrator
27,786 Posts

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
The frame had a change in between the 12 / 13 models the front steering box mount bracket is about 3" longer with two mounting holes for the bracket (shown with the green bumper) to mount to. You could fab up some strap to span the difference.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I put a x bumper on my 2012. I had to order a bracket and bolts from MLS to make it work. Give them a call or PM them and they will know exactly what you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is my first forum and I am truly impressed with the response I received. I solved the problem. They ordered me a 2013 bumper. I will make haste at fixing this problem ASAP as I fully intend to crash this thing in the near future driving it around my woods. Thanks guys again.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Sounds like your next mod needs to be a 5 pt harness then ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts