Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am running at speed in 4wd I have buzz/hum that is audible and I can feel it very slightly through the steering wheel. I have reached out to a few different shops and some say that it's entirely normal for the XX because the front diff uses a straight cut gear and others say it's about to go boom.

Anyone else have input?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
follow up question, any way to quiet it down? It's a bit annoying and started to wear on me at the end of the day.

·
Registered
2018 XX with Speed 77” kit tuned by ST. Speedwerx Extreminator motor/clutch.Simpson seats & belts
140 Posts
Maybe reach out to Sean at Weddle. He just rebuilt our transaxle and mentioned they were working on a new setup for the front diff.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Put heavy weight gear oil in it and it will help a little....and yes mine has been noisy for 1800 miles

·
Registered
2021 Wildcat XX
50 Posts
follow up question, any way to quiet it down? It's a bit annoying and started to wear on me at the end of the day.
I run a good 75w-140 gear oil in mine and dont seem to hear a lot of wine, also check your carrier bearing on the driveline, I've seen a lot of those cause noise that we think may be coming from somewhere else.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I run a good 75w-140 gear oil in mine and dont seem to hear a lot of wine, also check your carrier bearing on the driveline, I've seen a lot of those cause noise that we think may be coming from somewhere else.
I was wondering if I could put a quality Maxima ProGear in the front. I have been running the AC oil. Guess its ok since it appears to call for a standard gear oil.
I am running the heavier Maxima that Weddle advises in the rear already.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was wondering if I could put a quality Maxima ProGear in the front. I have been running the AC oil. Guess its ok since it appears to call for a standard gear oil.
I am running the heavier Maxima that Weddle advises in the rear already.
Run at least the 75w-140 pro gear in both trans and diff. Weddle offers/recommends the 190 because they stock plenty of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
XX's Have a straight cut ring and pinion in the front diff.
Automotive tire Rim Gear Circle Camera accessory

If you look in the service manual you will see a picture of the ring and pinion.
Straight cut gears are noisy.
I think any good 75/140 synthetic gear oil in the front would be fine.
The Rear trans Axel is running a ATF type oil. ATF has different blends so I would stick with AC brand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts