Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recent bought a 2015 1000X. Several parts were removed for engine removal ( broken starter gear pin boss). I removed engine, repaired cases and reinstalled engine. Now I can't figure out how/where the forward heat shield installs. I assume it goes in front of the engine due to the forward cylinder spark coil mounting to the heatshield. Can anyone tell how and where the heat shield mounts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Pretty sure it mounts up against the vertical "firewall" plastic behind the drivers seat

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
You need to install the rest of the air ducting for the clutch and air cleaner before installing the heat shield - those will show you how it fits, as they stick through those oval slots. The heat shield needs to rotate about 80 degrees counterclockwise compared to the pic you posted.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
...next time doin the valves i thought about modifyin the intakes- (not snorkeling)- let the airfilter box breath with just a short part of snorkel and also the clutch intake- cause im not sure the oem is the best solution !?- and often have clutch smell and heat in cab from tunnel-
there WAS discussions many years ago if AC solution is good or not !??
does fresh air enter from tunnel or not etc....
whatdoyou guys think?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I like the idea of letting the engine breath as close to fresh air as possible. I use a Donaldson (similar to Uni) under the wheel-well against the firewall.The stock enclosed clutch idea is terrible! The way we use our cats, there is a heat build up that destroys the belt quickly. I run a cut cover (half the cover gone) that allows heat to escape. I ride desert/dunes so I'm not worried about water getting in there. If you have an X and ride open, dry, and fast, ditch the cover. If you ride slow and sometimes wet, you need the cover, and riding slow will keep the heat down.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I installed a Donaldson similar to what S-n-S has when I installed the MCXpress turbo kit. Something to consider is how access to the stuff up on top of the engine is SOOOOOO much better without the stock airbox. And I much prefer cleaning a multi-use dry filter or replacing a single-use dry filter compared to the cleaning and oiling the OEM style filter element.

Reactions: Sand-n-Sea
1 - 6 of 6 Posts