Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone broke this yet?

Trying to climb out a creek bank on Fri.. As it turns out, the front driveline doesn't like when the front end comes back down w diff lock engaged, on full rabbit. Is this the output flange (#7)? Nothing turns up in the searches but I know I read somewhere a while back about it being an intentional weak link? I thought I remembered somebody welding one back or at least considering it? Is there a better aftermarket option?

I finished out the day another 3 hrs with 2wd only. 4wd is overrated anyway.. haha
20190929_222650.jpg 20190929_223103.jpg Screenshot_20190929-230106.jpg

·
Registered
508 Posts
You can weld it but its designed to be the fail point instead of the diff. Alot cheaper to replace the flange.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think some are loosening the diff and moving it forward alittle for clearance. Ive never broke one so im not sure. Sometimes parts are hard to get so if you can a spare wouldn't be a bad idea. Or you can weld that one to get by in a pinch. Just remember itll transfer the load to the diff.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yes part #7, I plan to carry a spare in the camp box.

Unbolt diff pull forward (towards steering rack), unbolt carrier bearing under center console, fight and wiggle it all out

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got one on order supposed to ship today. I'm gonna strategically weld this one and carry it for a spare.. and hope it doesn't become a thing. Didn't seem to take a lot to break but I guess better than the diff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just in case anyone is wondering how thin and weak this flange actually is...
20191011_193216.jpeg

Took me a couple hours to get the old one out. The worst part is getting the 4 bolts out of the flange itself. I will do that first, next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts