Wildcat Forum banner

Fuel Fragrance Mix - Ever heard of it? Is it bad for your motor?

16K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  paisenhi8 
#1 ·
Seen this on ebay. They make about 30 different fragrances. So the big question has anyone heard of it? ever used it.. and what are your thoughts.

Product Wash bottle Fluid Material property Plastic bottle

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
The stink associated with pump gas is an "odorant" added on purpose by refiners to gasoline. It's probably mandated by government.
I believe the substance is ethyl mercaptan. Gasoline has a strong, fairly inoffensive natural odor, and a well-tuned OHV engine running on odorant-free gasoline has a very low exhaust odor. Propane has a low odor, so odorant is added to it. A well-tuned engine running on propane fuel would have almost no exhaust odor. Odorant-free gasoline would evaporate quickly and leave little or no lingering odor.
It's my understanding that the practice of adding odorants to fuels and city main gas began after a school building heated by locally-produced natural gas exploded in a small East Texas community in 1937. (Search: New London School Disaster)

#11 ·
I like the french fry smell from the bio-diesel rigs myself :cool:

#12 ·
I've heard of it, and been around people that used it, gimmick, pure and simple.

Me? I love the smell of race gas in the morning!

#14 ·
I've ran the stuff from summit. The purpose is cars that run on alky. It burns the eyes and nose this stuff makes it smell purddy and keeps you from feeling like you got hit with mace when working on your race car. I have an inhearant distrust of eBay but I'd trust the stuff from summit or a name brand. I've used it in my jet boat and my old cat

#29 ·
Forgot all about the R/C stuff, LOL. Yeah definately smelled it there.

#17 ·
#19 ·
I've ran the stuff from summit called grape ape in my 1949 ford f-1 with a 347 stroker in it. The only reason I run it is when I to cheap to buy cam 2 . (It smells like racing fuel)

Reactions: The Green Bastard
#20 · (Edited)
That stuff is bueno. I run vanilla, in my buggy. Used to run it back in the day in the racecars, the Alcohol engine dirt cars used to run some stuff very similar, Cherry and Grape - in the alcohol motors it was used as an upper-cylinder lubricant, because of the dryness of methanol. -We did it in our Pony-Stock cars-one of the rules in our book was 91 octane pump fuel only... so it was more to make the other guys scratch their heads.

-This stuff won't hurt an engine in the least. I run Manhattan Oil Company fuel scent with an AFR wideband sensor and it has never been an issue.

#25 ·
Yeah I've ran this stuff for years in our hotrods with no issues at all

#21 ·
That stuff would be great as a gag. I'd love to cruise the dunes and have my RZR bud try and figure out what 'that' smell is. But I would guess it's oil based, and I would worry about the plugs and Bosche sensor I have in the pipe for my AFR+. Who here want's to be the guinea pig and do a test????

#27 ·
I need some donut scented stuff for bear hunting season, i can sit in the woods an idle and wait for yogi to come to me. Maybe some apple scented for the deer or strawberry douche for the smart cars i see on the way to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.