Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wildcat has lately been running like crap, I recently had a bunch of work done to it because it wouldn't stay idling, apparently due to my crank case position sensor and my stator. Got it back a while ago and it would not idle to save its life, dealer said I need to give it gas and keep it revved up when I first start it. That may be the case now, but it never needed that, turn the key on and she purred like a good kitty.

So here's my questions to you guys

Around here the highest octane we have is 90, dealership swears I don't need octane booster, I feel that I do, what do you guys think ?

I recently ran some fuel injector cleaner by ArcticCat through it and she ran great! Got low on fuel and now she runs like crap again, should I keep adding fuel injector cleaner? Or would I be better off using sea foam ?

also if I come to a stop after it has been running a while it sounds like it wants to die, and I have to give it some gas for a little bit until it seems to pick back up.

·
Registered
529 Posts
how about a valve adjustment?
If its not electrical some have had good luck with a proper valve adjustment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would that be the little screw in the back that can turn up or down the RPMs? If so, I've played with that a bit, no real luck.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
IMO, keep up with the FI cleaner. Living in Alaska, I'm guessing that the gas tanks in the ground at the stations don't get the turn over like they do down in the lower 48. Could be a lot of water, dirt, moose hair, LOL, but you get my drift. If the gas is old, and dirty, could cause problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you guys think about using sea foam vs injector cleaner ? Also do you guys see an issue with using regular fuel injector cleaner vs AC brand?

Also what do you guys think about octane booster? I know these require 91, most we have is 90.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To be completely honest we added sea foam to our 2018 wildcat sport and then it fouled a plug and the muffler got so hot it was glowing and melted our plastics and the bed. so chance you take the dealer said it was normal if you can believe that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts