Wildcat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello has anyone else had this problem. I have fuel leaking from my Evap Canister. It is when I take it up in altitude from 6000' to 8000' it pressurizes the gas tank and pushes the gas into the Evap canister and starts to drip out at the bottom of the canister. The pressure is so bad when I go to take the gas cap off it blows off in my hand. My unit has a electric purge valve on the Evap system and Arctic Cat will not tell me how to test it and it is not included in the service Manuel I have for this unit. Just got off the phone with Arctic Cat and they are of no help they said take it to a dealer. There isn't a dealer in Denver Colorado that I want working on my ride. So short of taking off the purge valve I figure I will give you all a shot at answering this??? Any help would be Appreciated. I am a mechanic, and I don't understand why all these manufacturers are all about you need to take it to the dealer. I have been wronged by two already and have no intention of taking it to a dealer in the future. This 2021 Wildcat XX only has 600 miles on it. Is this what I am supposed to expect from this Machine? I hope not. I love the machine and would like to keep it for a long time. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2021 with 40 miles on it. It ended up being a bad check ball valve Inside the tank. I over pressurized the tank by filling it all the way to the top and driving when it was 120° out. Since than I leave some room in the tank and haven't had a problem since.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problem on my 2021 with 40 miles on it. It ended up being a bad check ball valve Inside the tank. I over pressurized the tank by filling it all the way to the top and driving when it was 120° out. Since than I leave some room in the tank and haven't had a problem since.
Hope this helps.
So what your telling me is I can't fill my tank all the way because of a manufactures defect, and this is ok with you???? This is a major problem it leaks flammable gas out right next to the exhaust. How safe is that? By the way I have left the gas tank at 3/4 of a tank and it still does the same thing. Where is this Check ball at in the tank??? I would have thought that Textron would have given me an answer. But they told me to take it to a dealer so they can over charge me for a manufactures defect!!!!! What a stand up company!!!!!!!!! Anybody want to buy my 2021 arctic cat wildcat xx with a slight defect???????????? LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts