Wildcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently bought a Wildcat 1000x and it only came with one key. I like having back ups of keys but I cannot find anyone that can make a dupe for me. Any suggestions? Home Depot, Lowes, True Value and Ace aside from a few smaller one off shops have not been able to help me. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
locksmith but they probably won’t have a blank. They can order it or maybe get blank from ac dealer and have locksmith cut it. New ignition switch usually comes with two keys would be another option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
locksmith but they probably won’t have a blank. They can order it or maybe get blank from ac dealer and have locksmith cut it. New ignition switch usually comes with two keys would be another option.
Brilliant. I’ll look into getting a blank. Thanks for the great advice.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you just want a key as a spare, a locksmith should be able to do that. I've had that done for all of my machines. If you want a spare with the dust cover, you'll have to order the blank from AC and take it to a locksmith. I've never done that. Might check and make sure the locksmith's equipment can handle the dust cover before you order the blank as I think they're like $5+.

Reactions: Sak kitty

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
the dust covers can be taken on/off for cutting the keys...i ordered an extra dust cover from our dealer for our xx's second key...

·
Registered
711 Posts
I did not know that. Thanks!

Reactions: DeanTeck

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
i was always unhappy the second keys to our a/c 3 atv's and 3 sxs's never had the rubber dust covers so i always bought one for all 6 of them...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I recently bought a Wildcat 1000x and it only came with one key. I like having back ups of keys but I cannot find anyone that can make a dupe for me. Any suggestions? Home Depot, Lowes, True Value and Ace aside from a few smaller one off shops have not been able to help me. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I went on ebay and ordered a second one. Just give them the number stamped on your key and he cuts it from that code and sends it to you. Easy enough.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's easier to order a new switch and get 2 new keys. It just unscrews.

Reactions: Sklooty
1 - 11 of 11 Posts